New Nissan Qashqai previewed by AutoExpress

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Dan

Post by Dan »

The all-new Nissan Qashqai will go on sale in 2014, and our exclusive images show how it could lookThe all-new Nissan Qashqai won't be revealed until the autumn, but Nissan bosses have let slip details as the car's November public debut date draws near."The future Qashqai will be innovative with both styling and technology," global product planning head Andy Palmer told us. "Don't expect it to look like the current car with a few extra radiuses."Our exclusive images show how the new model could look, with a bolder front end, dynamic curves along its sides and a large roof spoiler at the rear. The new Qashqai will be built on a new, modular platform that will underpin medium-sized Renault and Nissan cars, from the next X-Trail to the forthcoming Megane. This has been engineered to accept plug-in hybrid technology, and the Qashqai is first in line.Palmer confirmed that a plug-in hybrid version will be introduced in showrooms in Europe in 2015. The hybrid's CO2 emissions will dip under 50g/km, while a 113bhp 1.2-litre supercharged three-cylinder engine will replace the current 1.6-litre petrol. The new 1.6-litre diesel, carried over from the current car, will have its CO2 cut to below 100g/km.High-end versions will still be offered with four-wheel drive, and while the car will be larger, prices will be similar to today's model, starting from around £16,500.New Qashqai to be built in the UKThe new Qashqai goes on sale early next year, but the Sunderland factory where it'll be built is preparing for production in December. And it's clear how important the new car is to the staff. Line supervisor Kevin Reah told us: "The Qashqai has transformed this factory. No-one fears for their job now."Last year, the current version was the UK's sixth biggest-selling new car, with more than 45,000 models finding homes. It was an export success, too, with 85 per cent of total Qashqai production (that's 262,985 cars) heading abroad.The renderings come from Auto Express:http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/qas ... ntent-area

Dan

Post by Dan »

What do you think?It looks like they've nicked the back end straight from a Kuga if you ask me....
deks36

Post by deks36 »

Sorry Dan those images are so wrong. thats an old autoexpress photshop image and if you look you will see the wheels differ on each side. it may not make a public debut until November but the car exists already
Dan

Post by Dan »

Yeah I mentioned they came from Auto Express, they just posted up some new info last week.
deks36

Post by deks36 »

to be fair i made my reply before reading all the first postI do know it exists those as I had some members at the factory and they were restricted from some areas and no cameras allowed on site
Dan

Post by Dan »

Yeah I thought that might have been it. I don't like those Auto Express images so hopefully whatever Nissan is working on is better than those!