Replacement Tyres

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
flase001

Post by flase001 »

Dear Friends,

After 3 years of usage I have arrived to replace my Continental 225/45R/19W Tyres.
Any suggestion of other tyres which I can use with my Qashqai please? Ideally with Rim protectors
Mine is a J11 Tekna 19 inch 2014 model bought brand new in June 2014.

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks
Storm White Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci CVT
Crossover Pack,Utility Pack,White Side Mouldings,Illuminated Entry Guards,Removable Tow Bar,Black Alloy Gators.
Modules:Auto Folding Mirrors,Auto windows.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Take the time to use the search button at the top of the forum. Lots has been posted on this subject already.
Jabberwocky

Post by Jabberwocky »

Jeez don't dare ask a question someone may have asked at any time in the past, no wonder there's very little traffic on this forum.

I swear the most common post on here is ' please use search function on top of forum'

From a newbies point of view it's very tedious and will ultimately put people off.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jabberwocky, Sorry if you do not like the comments regarding the "Search Facility" but there is a very simple reason for this so please try to understand the situation. This Forum has been around now for around 3 years and some of the members are still involved helping and advising and the repeat questions can also as you put it be tedious for them.
Please do not forget that a lot of the questions being raised by newer members now have "most likely" been discussed and covered before and if you spend time looking at "Search" you will find a load of facts available. Therefore the reason for the comment on "Search" is usually where the member thinks it has been covered before and could end up as a repeat of the same subjects. If the question is new I am sure most members will try to help.
This is naturally my opinion others members might well differ - Dave :(
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Sorry if it sounds rude asking members to use the search button, but it really is to everyone's benefit.
In most cases you'll find either the answer you need or the opinion you require much quicker. There is a library of information already accessible without having to wait, days sometimes, before someone logs on to provide a reply.
Edit...I was driving whilst DaveBerlin was providing a response, but as you can see we share the same view. We really are a friendly bunch and will go out of our way to provide answers when necessary.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I find the Michelin Primacy 3 very good. I think it has better grip and is quieter than the Contis. Don't know about the rim protectors though. The tyre is already shaped to avoid rim scuffing.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

Hound wrote:I find the Michelin Primacy 3 very good. I think it has better grip and is quieter than the Contis. Don't know about the rim protectors though. The tyre is already shaped to avoid rim scuffing.
I'd agree with this - a very good tyre. Slightly more expensive than the Continental, but I was told it should last longer.
switchback

Post by switchback »

Jabberwocky wrote:Jeez don't dare ask a question someone may have asked at any time in the past, no wonder there's very little traffic on this forum.

I swear the most common post on here is ' please use search function on top of forum'

From a newbies point of view it's very tedious and will ultimately put people off.
It happens on lots of forums where people are too lazy to do their own research and expect someone else to spend their time doing for them instead.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
webb1e

Post by webb1e »

Do rim protector tyres actually work. The overhang looks to be so minimal that the tyre will deflect and allow the rim to contact?

Anyone tried them?
2017 Tekna - Pearl black - DIG-T 1.6 Panoramic roof.
switchback

Post by switchback »

webb1e wrote:Do rim protector tyres actually work. The overhang looks to be so minimal that the tyre will deflect and allow the rim to contact?

Anyone tried them?
Ahem..............................you could try the "search" facility ;) .....................................it's a joke :D .
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.