Nissan dealers experience

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
BL76

Post by BL76 »

Had a crash with my 1.6DIG-T, all went well for me, car is destroyed. After surviving 140kmh crash with minor injuries, normally, I went to closest dealer to buy new QQ same as I had. They started to work 3 months ago as new dealer and I expected to be eager to made sales esspecially in low-sales market as Serbia is. Lady working as sales person was not in the office at 10 a.m. (?!), ok some " vis maior". Manager took over and I asked him to buy QQ 1.6petrol 360 equipment (between Acenta and Tekna) pearl white. Easy deal, guy steps in and asks spec. option and want to buy, right? Job done in 10min max. Not this manager. First he said, there is no more 1.6petrol offered since some legal regulation in Serbia. I showed him configuration from nissan.rs with this spec and he said "it's mistake". Ooook, I asked for price list. He prints looks and with victory smile commented "see no 1.6 petrol". I took and look and showed him "look there is in 360 and 360+ option". He blushed and goes "sorry but you know that is bad choice, 1.2 is better". No sir I am using 70% highway need stronger. Aaah, listen, he replied, your crashed was 1.6petrol but not DIG-T. No expert, it is J11 from 3.2015. can't be atmosferic petrol :o . Really? Yes really!!! Ok, we do not have it on stock. How long to order it? I do not know need to check with Nissan(?!) Estimation? Can't give you.
After this "Monty Python" style of negotiation I called biggest Nissan dealer 80km from me, guy over the phone gives me est delivery around 20TH May but aksed me to consider 1.6diesel they have some leftovers from central Balkan stock for -20% price since it is 2016 production. I do my thinking for 2 days and agreed, I even changed color into ink blue and guy gave me extended 7year guarantee for 50% reduction. Unbelieveble experience, I am in sales too, that I am this manager boss (retailer owner), would organize public bonfire with him in the center :twisted: any crazy story like this?
QQ 1,6 dci 360 ink blue

Simon1100

Post by Simon1100 »

I shopped around and I had two bad experiences. First salesman wasn't welcoming pointed out the coffee machine told me to help myself. He looked harassed, did't introduce himself and then when I told him the cheapest price I had been quaked he said he couldn't match it. This was after I had told him the price over the phone and he asked me to come in and see him. I left the dealership and he called me to come back as he might be able to better the deal. Needless to say I did't go back. Second dealer was helpful, good test drive, but I never got quote from them and they kept coming up with excuses. The sales manager was off. The sales director needed to look at the deal. They were waiting for the next quarterly deals.

The best experience was with my local dealership. They had just taken over a poor performing showroom and were keen to do business. They gave me a great purchase price and a decent trade in price and the finance deal left me £400 better off than if I paid cash for the vehicle.

I haven't collected the car yet, I'll let you know how collection goes. My best tip is take your time know exactly what model and spec you want. Go for several test drives and make the dealer work for your business. I used carwow.co.uk to shop around for the best deal.
QQ Tekna 1.5 Dci Gun Metal Grey
Collected 01/03/2017

:D :D :D :D :D :D
BL76

Post by BL76 »

Yeah you are right but two years ago I tried all the engines 1.2 and 1.6 petrol and 1.6 diesel. Before those crashed 1.6 petrol I had J10 1.6 petrol (very weak engine but never let me down in 5 years). So honestly I do not need any test drive when I showed in first dealershop I told this manager my story about having already 2 QQ and telling him no need for presentation or test drive. Guy acted as he was under spell, that is the problem.
QQ 1,6 dci 360 ink blue