White polish marks can't get rid off

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Username:

Post by Username: »

pencil rubber for the polish, Solution finish for the trim bit pricey but one the best ive used,a little goes along way
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-an ... _1570.html
only dead fish go with the flow.
2016 QASHQAI BLACK EDITION

B11OCX

Post by B11OCX »

Hi

A lot of the dealing lads, say a Magic Eraser from local supermarket, or a pound shop gets it off, never tired it myself as normally tape any trim before polishing ( Sad i know)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Daz8172, after you have removed the "White Marks" here are a few Tips on what I use.
This week the Summer 19" Alloys go back on after the Winter so I gave the QQ a treat. I polished the QQ this time with "ArmorAll Ultra Shine Liquid Polish" which is a liquid and it does not leave "any white residue on black plastic" I can agree with that.
The other option I use is a Spray from "Maquiar's Ultimate Quick Wax" again no white residue. You need to read the small print on these polishes as there are a lot around now.
There is also another product "Mothers Back-to-Black Trim & Plastic Restorer" which is Clear for Black Plastic Trim.
I normally buy these products in the US but I think they are available if you look around - Good Luck Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

For the odd white polish mark on black trim I use a cloth, with some cellulose thinners on; be sparing as too much may cause plastic to melt. I've never suffered this as I wipe over quickly and it's gone :)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D