Car damaged at dealers

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DJ40

Post by DJ40 »

Just wondered if anyone else has had their car damaged when left in the care of their local dealer? If so, what was the outcome?
2015 Qashqai Tekna - Gun Metallic

Billgo
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Billgo »

My previous QQ got a scrape on nearside rear wing when in for service. I was looking out of the showroom when the car was being brought back from road test, and I thought I saw a shadow on the wing. I walked around the car having paid for the service and spotted the damage.
I reported it immediately and dealers accepted responsibility even though no culprit found. They said each car is examined before servicing and no damage had been noted before work begun.
I had to return the car the following week for bodywork repair, at no cost, loan car supplied. I got a few small scuff / scratch marks tended to as well as a goodwill gesture.
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I had a Citroen XM which was collected for service and as they were bringing it back the driver pulled out of a side turn hitting another car and demolishing the whole of the front. The dealer carried out a full repair and also attended to a large hit'n'run dent on the rear wing as a goodwill gesture. Took about six weeks - they loaned me a car.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DJ40

Post by DJ40 »

My local dealer is refusing to accept liability, saying stone chips caused the damage. I've yet to come across a stone chip that can scratch and scag plastic, let alone an alloy wheel. To say I'm fuming is an understatement. Gonna send them a legal letter I found on the Which website.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Last service I had done at a Nissan dealership, they did a walkround video of the outside of the car, including all 4 alloys, plus underside of the car, then emailed it to me before the service took place, to show any possible marks, scratches, dents and any work that might need doing on top of the service. I thought this was now standard practice at Nissan dealerships.
DJ40

Post by DJ40 »

My car was taken to the dealers by the RAC after refusing to start in my drive with a low oil pressure warning. Turned out to be a faulty battery which was replaced. The RAC wrote down that my car was in mint condition including the alloys & the dealer signed this when they took my car in. Due to work commitments I didn't notice the damage until a week later when I washed the car. Coincidental that all the damage is on the same side as the battery location. If you saw the people working there, you might understand why!
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Coincidently I've just watched the footage from my dashcam when the car had new tyres fitted at a non-Nissan tyre fitters last Thursday.

There is suspicious activity on the video and at one point someone can clearly be heard saying "you can see the scratch" and then "better than it was".

I had taken pictures of the wheels on Tuesday prior to taking it in, and certainly there appears to be a mark on one wheel which wasn't there at that time.

But is the scratch they're talking about that or something else? It's clearly at the back of the car since nothing appears in the camera's view.

I shall be ringing up and asking for the owner/managing director tomorrow asking for an explanation.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)