Smoky 1.2 n tec

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Bladesilverqq

Post by Bladesilverqq »

Hi all. I've had my 2015 Qashqai 1.2 dig t n tec now for two weeks. Love the car but I've noticed a fair amount of white smoke from exhaust when engine is warm and car stationary. It's not thick plumes but almost like the smoke you get when you start an engine on a cold day. Even after a few big revs the smoke still remains. It has a very slight fuelish smell. Any ideas what this could be?

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Sounds like the piston rings / bores are worn out, although it could be all manner of things. There is a huge post about problems with the 1.2 engine. The car is under warranty, take it no a nissan approved dealer to get it fixed.
Hocki

Post by Hocki »

It's the same on my 1.2 from 2016 and has just gone 1500 miles seems not so funny if the piston rings are bad
Oct 2016 Nissan Qashqai 1,2DIG-T CVT N-Connecta White
rjjames

Post by rjjames »

I have the same problem with mine also 1.2 dig-t tekna, it was in main dealers last week and they assure me it's all OK and put it down to the ambient temperature! Also my mug is shocking lucky if I get 30 mpg on a run!
Bladesilverqq

Post by Bladesilverqq »

It's booked in on Friday for an oil consumption test although I've been keeping an eye on this myself and there has been no oil loss in 500 miles, I did mention that I've done my research and was concerned about piston rings so we'll see what they say. Mpg on mine can be good if I drive carefully. Around 40 - 43 mpg around town.