Cheap Imitation Mudflaps?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi

I am thinking of fitting mudflaps to my 2015 QQ Tekna, but would like some advice. It would appear that a set of four mudflaps costs in the region of £50-£60 for a real genuine set. However on e-bay I can find sets of four for around £18, but obviously sent from Hong Kong or China. It states they are genuine and gives the correct part number. Has anybody actually ever ordered a set this cheap from abroad, and if so are they really genuine, or am I just being naive and they really are rubbish fakes?

Secondly I might only decide to fit mudflaps to the rear wheels. Has anybody else only fitted rear mudflaps, and if so have you got any photos with just the rear mudflaps fitted, as I'm not sure if it would look right or not?

Any advice greatly appreciated, and I don't mind being called stupid if I really think the mudflaps from Hong Kong/China could actually be genuine!

Thanks all

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)

switchback

Post by switchback »

They could well be genuine mud flaps. I got some front and rear skid plates from ebay and they were exactly the same as the Nissan ones, even had the right part number on them but were a quarter the price Nissan want for them and probably came out of the same factory. The mudflaps I got were not genuine but do the job OK and look fine.

Try searching mudflaps on here as it's been a subject before.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I purchased this type of mud-flap off ebay. They were high quality but I presume not genuine as they were not 100% fit, had a very small gap on the upper part of the rears. But they were fine enough, well made and correct match of colour, even had Qashqai Logo on the rear set. I would buy again.
daddydoug wrote:Hi

I am thinking of fitting mudflaps to my 2015 QQ Tekna, but would like some advice. It would appear that a set of four mudflaps costs in the region of £50-£60 for a real genuine set. However on e-bay I can find sets of four for around £18, but obviously sent from Hong Kong or China. It states they are genuine and gives the correct part number. Has anybody actually ever ordered a set this cheap from abroad, and if so are they really genuine, or am I just being naive and they really are rubbish fakes?

Secondly I might only decide to fit mudflaps to the rear wheels. Has anybody else only fitted rear mudflaps, and if so have you got any photos with just the rear mudflaps fitted, as I'm not sure if it would look right or not?

Any advice greatly appreciated, and I don't mind being called stupid if I really think the mudflaps from Hong Kong/China could actually be genuine!

Thanks all

Doug
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Thanks for that Daewar. The ones I have seen have the Qashqai logo on, so might well be the same as you have. You haven't got any photos of them fitted to your QQ you can post have you?

Thanks

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Makes more sense to fit just the front pair rather than just the rear pair, but personally I think you're better off fitting all four, why do half a job!
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Hi

Well I bit the bullet and decided to order front and rear mudflaps from China for £18.00. The cheapest genuine Nissan set I could find were going to cost me at least £45.00. They arrived in about a week, so pretty impressive, and I have just fitted them, and they are an exact fit, so well chuffed, and like yours Daewar, even have the Qashqai logo on the rear flaps.

It's a bit damp outside today, but will post some photos when the car is clean and it is dry!

Thanks as always for your tips, and special thanks to Daewar on this occasion who has saved me nearly £30!

Cheers

Doug
Paul L

Post by Paul L »

daddydoug wrote:Hi

Well I bit the bullet and decided to order front and rear mudflaps from China for £18.00. The cheapest genuine Nissan set I could find were going to cost me at least £45.00. They arrived in about a week, so pretty impressive, and I have just fitted them, and they are an exact fit, so well chuffed, and like yours Daewar, even have the Qashqai logo on the rear flaps.

It's a bit damp outside today, but will post some photos when the car is clean and it is dry!

Thanks as always for your tips, and special thanks to Daewar on this occasion who has saved me nearly £30!

Cheers

Doug
Hi Doug,

could you post a link to the mud flaps you bought from eBay?

many thanks

Paul.
2015 Acenta 1.5 DCI. Smart Vision Pack. Nightshade
Bonnet struts
Must get those mud flaps fitted !
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Hi Paul

The link is below, but sadly it states they have none left! Still it might be worth looking to see if you can find anything similar. As I say, mine have got the Qashqai logo on the rear flaps. You might have to copy and paste the link into your browser as not sure I have done it right to just click on as a link. I may be able to fit mudflaps, but when it comes to computers, I'm a dinosaur!

Good luck

Doug

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152325020603? ... EBIDX%3AIT
Paul L

Post by Paul L »

Thanks Doug.

I ordered some identical to yours from a different seller.

all the best
2015 Acenta 1.5 DCI. Smart Vision Pack. Nightshade
Bonnet struts
Must get those mud flaps fitted !
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Well done Paul.

I will post some photos of mine when I can. Hope yours arrive soon, and you are as happy with them as I am with mine!

Doug