100 miles in

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Username:

Post by Username: »

hello all, i picked my new QQ up on monday done 100 plus miles so far, love the comfort ride height,still getting to grips with the connect system,one problem i think i might have is the heated windscreen might not be working will test again in the morning,All in all very happy at the moment
only dead fish go with the flow.
2016 QASHQAI BLACK EDITION

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Do add your model details/ year-model etc in the Signature area.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Username:

Tried heated windscreen tonight but of condensation didn't do anything, looks like a phone call to the dealers tomorrow
ndh58

Post by ndh58 »

mine 2 weeks old, love it so far.
With the frost this week been using the heated front screen, its certainly not quick or its not working. had a ford focus before and that really did work well.
How did you get on with dealers for this problem
1.6 dig-t pearlescent white 66
switchback

Post by switchback »

Username: wrote:Tried heated windscreen tonight but of condensation didn't do anything, looks like a phone call to the dealers tomorrow
It won't work on condensation as far as I know............just frost.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
ndh58

Post by ndh58 »

Yes I thought it was for frost and not condensation.
Mine seemed very slow or wasn't working on these last few frosty mornings
1.6 dig-t pearlescent white 66
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

It is for de-frosting and usually stays on for around 4 mins and switches off automatic. For our QQ it is very efficient and we have not used the Webasto Stand Heating yet. Make sure the Wipers are OFF when there is Ice to prevent damage to the wiper blades. Try hitting the screen demist button whilst using the screen heating it helps. We have small bags of Gel under our seats to soak up the moisture and old newspapers under the mats to soak up the snow / water which are changed regularly, helps with the condensation - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Username:

Thanks for the replies, the one on my mini works on condensation, I've got it booked in a week on Monday, the strange thing is when I press the button the engine revs as if it's doing some thing but it didn't work on ice either, will keep you all updated
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

As already said, the thermaclear windscreen is meant for clearing frost/ice/snow on the outside, not condensation on the inside...thats what tge quick clear demist button is for. Dont expect heavy frost or ice to be completely melted, because it wont, but it is sufficient to to melt the underside of the ice and craze it, leaving it in a soft enough state to be easily wiped away by your wipers. Its never taken much more than a minute to work efficiently for me.
Username:

mybe I worded it wrong it's more like misted steamed up window not wet condensation maybe the one on the mini was better at it and I'm expecting the same it as that cleared misted window and ice this didn't touch the ice at all even with the engine revs going up when button pressed had to rely on the blower to clear it, might
Be able to test again in the morning when on the way home