Heavy clutch pedal

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
hampshog

Post by hampshog »

Hi, recently bought a late 2014 Acenta Premium 1.5 diesel. Pleased with the car, but find the clutch pedal really heavy, especially when in traffic. I also own a Passat 2.0 diesel and when I move from the Qashqai to the Passat I nearly put the pedal through the floor where I'm using so much force. Is this typical or do I need to return the car?
I've searched this forum and found it very informative on other topics, but can't find anything about heavy clutch pedals.
Last edited by hampshog on Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

My QQ has a very light clutch pedal, it's actually lighter than the Mini Coupe 2.0d we have.
hampshog wrote:Hi, recently bought a late 2014 Acenta Premium 1.5 diesel. Please with the car, but find the clutch pedal really heavy, especially when in traffic. I also own a Passat 2.0 diesel and when I move from the Qashqai to the Passat, where I'm used to using so much force in my left leg I nearly put the pedal through the floor.
I've searched this forum and found it very informative on other topics, but can't find anything about heavy clutch pedals. Do others find this or is it just me?
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

Would suggest to me that it maybe close to being worn out.
Whats the mileage , previous usage [town/motorway] , tow bar fitted etc
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey
hampshog

Post by hampshog »

Coupe racing wrote:Would suggest to me that it maybe close to being worn out.
Whats the mileage , previous usage [town/motorway] , tow bar fitted etc
No idea on previous usage as only had the car for around 6 weeks. Know it was on the mobility scheme in Bournemouth, and doesn't have a tow bar, so assume fairly normal.
Mileage is just under 25K, so hope clutch is going to last a lot longer yet
Groovemaster

Post by Groovemaster »

Ours is quite heavy on our 63 1.5 dci.. just assumed this was normal