First proper journey in 1.5 dCi Acenta

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Paul L

Post by Paul L »

I picked up the new (to me) car on Friday evening.
It's a 2015 64 plate Acenta with Smart Vision Pack.
I was naturally eager to make a proper journey in the car to become accustomed with it.
Yesterday, we drove from home, in Nottinghamshire to West London to visit one of our sons.
I must say, the car performed faultlessly throughout both legs of the trip.
Having only test driven the car I was a little unsure how I would adapt to the car having owned BMW's for over 20 years.
The instruments are all easy to get used to, and the fit and finish is of a good standard.
Both my wife and myself commented to each other that we found the seats to be very comfortable, and when we stepped out of the car in London we both felt like we had just stood up from sitting in comfortable chairs.
I had read reviews on the 1.5 diesel that had said that it wasn't very responsive and not good for overtaking etc. I was pleasantly surprised by the turn of pace and agility the car has at motorway speeds.
Anyone who is doubting whether the 1.5 isn't a capable car, think again. I doubt the 1.6 diesel would bring much more to the party with regards to acceleration.
Before setting off for home I reset the trip computer. At the end of the 145 mile journey the average was 69.2 mpg.
My outgoing BMW 320d used to do about 55mpg on the same journey. So we should save some money on the fuel bill.
Free road tax is great too!
Over all, we're very pleased with the Qashqai so far.

Thanks for reading my ramblings!

Paul.
2015 Acenta 1.5 DCI. Smart Vision Pack. Nightshade
Bonnet struts
Must get those mud flaps fitted !

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Thanks for the report; I too find the 1.5 fine. Incidentally the seats were designed by NASA for Nissan.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Comming from a 2.0 litre car I am very impressed by my 1.5.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I have driven the 1.5d & 1.6d. There is a definite difference, but its marginal. I needed the towing ability & AWD, if it was not for that I probably would have gone for the 1.5.

Contrary to what other people have said in the forum, I found the 1.6d was smoother compared to the 1.5d
Paul L wrote:I picked up the new (to me) car on Friday evening.

Anyone who is doubting whether the 1.5 isn't a capable car, think again. I doubt the 1.6 diesel would bring much more to the party with regards to acceleration.

Paul.
Paul L

Post by Paul L »

Daewar wrote:I have driven the 1.5d & 1.6d. There is a definite difference, but its marginal. I needed the towing ability & AWD, if it was not for that I probably would have gone for the 1.5.

Contrary to what other people have said in the forum, I found the 1.6d was smoother compared to the 1.5d
Paul L wrote:I picked up the new (to me) car on Friday evening.

Paul.
I dare say the 1.6 with the extra torque and horse power is a better towing vehicle, but for normal driving I think the 1.5 performs well and is capable of keeping up with modern traffic situations.
The power delivery seemed quite smooth, and I've not driven a 1.6 or four wheel drive model so I can't comment on those.
My observations were primarily based on how impressed I was with the 1.5 in comparison to my previous car which had 53 more horse power and lots more torque.
2015 Acenta 1.5 DCI. Smart Vision Pack. Nightshade
Bonnet struts
Must get those mud flaps fitted !