Space saver wheel foam surrounds

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Paul L

Post by Paul L »

Hi guys

I collected my 1.5 Acenta yesterday.
So far I'm very pleased with it.

One thing I would like to install is a space saver wheel, which I already have, but i am on the look out for the two piece foam surrounds.
Glyn Hopkin sell them but I could hardly believe my eyes when I totted up the price, £56+!!

Is there anywhere else to buy them cheaper?

Cheers

Paul
2015 Acenta 1.5 DCI. Smart Vision Pack. Nightshade
Bonnet struts
Must get those mud flaps fitted !

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Paul, it looks like you think the price is too high @ £21.11 a piece inc VAT + I assume delivery. When most of us I believe were looking for this part in 2014 before a Complete Nissan Set appeared I think Glyn Hopkins was the only way out. I had both parts @ £15.67 + VAT + Shipping delivered to Germany for a total price of £61.23 in 05.14. which I thought was reasonable for something that was needed and they definitely done the job - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Paul L

Post by Paul L »

Hi Dave

I won't mind paying it if it's the cheapest price.
What is surprising is that two pieces of foam are so expensive!

I think I shall have no choice but to bite the bullet and order them.

Incidentally, does the wheel etc sit flush in the lower boot well like the existing foam or does it make the felt lined board sit higher?
Bonnet struts
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Paul, either use the "Search" Facility there is a lot on this subject or take a look at some photos here these should clear your question - Dave ;)

http:// viewtopic.php?f=268&t=1133&p=36951&hili ... eel#p11921
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Paul L

Post by Paul L »

Thanks Dave

The link was really helpful.
Would you say the amount of space lost is minimal?
Having only had the car for a day I'm not very acquainted with the amount of space already available under the flexi boards.
Bonnet struts
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Paul, for me the space lost is minimal but there again the days of the Kids have gone by. If you look at the last pic on the above attachment that is what it looks like. Above is the "Flexible Floor" on which we have 3 Fold Down Shopping Bags + Freezer Bag + Rubber Cover which we use to cover the rear area for rubbish, garden stuff and to protect the Rear Valance when loading. So to sum up for us the Space is adequate for others perhaps not - Dave :)
PS do not forget, do not throw the Pump away it is OK when you need if ever to top the air in your tyres up - Sorry more space lost :D
Paul L

Post by Paul L »

Thanks Dave.

I've ordered the foam pieces from Glyn Hopkin.
I won't be throwing any of the original kit out !

I will also need a scissor jack. The genuine Nissan one is REALLY expensive for what it is.
Has anyone else bought a standard scissor jack, and do they fit in the foam moulding?

Cheers
Bonnet struts
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Paul, have you seen the post from Jonceebee "Goodbye to my QQ......." as he is selling all his Spare Wheel Kit of Parts and he might be interested in splitting finally. Regarding the Jack try your Dealer / Scrap Yard because our Dealer gave us a brand new one from a Scrap Nissan FOC - Dave ;)
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

Paul L wrote:Thanks Dave.

I've ordered the foam pieces from Glyn Hopkin.
I won't be throwing any of the original kit out !

I will also need a scissor jack. The genuine Nissan one is REALLY expensive for what it is.
Has anyone else bought a standard scissor jack, and do they fit in the foam moulding?

Cheers
I kept all the original stuff and put it back in when I sold the QQ. There are parts for sale in the other forum
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver