Making a call / Bluetooth

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Itchy Starfish

Post by Itchy Starfish »

Hi

Just bought a 2015 QQ and love it

Just struggling with the Bluetooth connection

I can play music and can recieve calls no problem after pairing my iPhone but when I press and hold the phone button on the steering wheel the phone just dials the last number

In my old Corsa the car allowed activation of Siri and therefore, voice dialing

Is this a phone issue, car issue or just a QQ thing

I don't have the new fancy Nissan connect thingy , just the basic FM, CD, Media version

Cheers for any help

Itchy

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Welcome, and it looks like your first post. Please try using the "Search" Facility (Top Left) as this I am sure has been covered many times before. Just enter "Bluetooth" or variations of this and take a read of the post - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Itchy Starfish

Post by Itchy Starfish »

Thanks

I have read lots of Bluetooth related topics but none addressed the issue of Bluetooth working fine but not being able to initiate a voice activated call

Siri doesn't even hear me through the car's talkback system when activated but the phone can clearly hear me during a phone call

What's going on?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Give this Video a try and see if this helps you, if not take a look on YouTube for more - Dave ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRJBXpJE6-g
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Itchy Starfish

Post by Itchy Starfish »

Thanks for the link

Unfortunately it's the new console

I have the old console as in this review

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/nis ... ive-review

In the handbook it does say "press the phone icon to redial the last number" I get that

But why, when I say "hey Siri" my iPhone launches (while connected via bluetooth) but it can't receive voice commands such as "dial", it just sits there

?????