2.0L Petrol Vs 1.6L Diesel (2016 QQ)

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
danielgb123

Post by danielgb123 »

Hey folks,

I'm from Aus, so sorry if some of the lingo doesn't line up.

Purchasing a new (2016) QQ for my girlfriend. Upgrading to a bigger (but not too big) SUV to help transport cakes (she's a cake decorator).

Stumped on whether we should get the 2.0L Petrol (TI) or the 1.6L Diesel (TL).

Heard the diesel can get loud and has some cambelt issues? But the 2.0 sounds like it's the most unrefined engine in the range and a bit thirsty?

Any thoughts?

Some driving stats:
- At the moment she drives about 50 minutes each way to work. Mainly freeway. We're moving soon and that will be a ~20 minute drive. But she'll likely have a regular drive weekly back to our factory ~30-40 minutes (mainly suburban drive).
- She drives standard KMs each year, averaging ~20,000 or so.. perhaps a bit more.
- Ideally prefer something more powerful than underpowered. She drives a Swift atm, so just about anything feels powerful :D
- Drive should be smooth for cake delivery. Comfort and ride quality is probably more important metric.

Okay.. that's about it. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks in advance!

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

G'day and welcome!

I can't comment on the 2.0 litre petrol because we don't get that in the UK. It's likely to be a bit thirsty if it's an older design. It'll be quieter than any diesel though.

The 1.6 diesel isn't particularly noisy. It has a camchain, not a belt - the 1.5 diesel has a cambelt, but I guess you don't get that one. The chain makes the 1.6 a little louder, but it's hardly raucous.

The QQ has a pretty refined ride and the 1.6dCi has some grunt when you want it; I'm sure the 2.0 petrol has, too, but at a price.

Test drive the diesel - I think you'll find you get more road and tyre noise than actual engine noise...
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

Thought you could get a 2.0 litre diesel there
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Coupe Racing, it looks like as mentioned there are only the two options - Dave ;)

IMG_3272.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken