Physical key

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Kakaseno

Post by Kakaseno »

Hi everyone,

Just got a brand new Qashqai and I'm struggling with a 'key' issue. I usually drive for a quick surf by myself early in the mornings and keep the car keys locked in a 'safe box' that I normally lock into the car's suspension.

This worked very well with my previous car (Forester) however, the Qashqai suspension is shorter so no room to lock the little safe box.

Since I can't take the electronic key into the water, I was thinking taking just the physical metal key with me, leaving the electronic keys inside the car. The challenge is, the car would not lock with the electronic keys inside the car, or at least I cant figure how to do it.

Does anyone found a workaround?

Cheers,
Carlos

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Put the remote into a foil lined bag or Put the electronic key into a waterproof bag & stick it inside your wet suit leaving the physical keys in the car.
Kakaseno wrote:Hi everyone,

Just got a brand new Qashqai and I'm struggling with a 'key' issue. I usually drive for a quick surf by myself early in the mornings and keep the car keys locked in a 'safe box' that I normally lock into the car's suspension.

This worked very well with my previous car (Forester) however, the Qashqai suspension is shorter so no room to lock the little safe box.

Since I can't take the electronic key into the water, I was thinking taking just the physical metal key with me, leaving the electronic keys inside the car. The challenge is, the car would not lock with the electronic keys inside the car, or at least I cant figure how to do it.

Does anyone found a workaround?

Cheers,
Carlos