'Laying-up' my QQ

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Lisbon Mile

Post by Lisbon Mile »

I'm going on a long trip (10 weeks - to Singapore and Australia, since you ask), and wonder about disconnecting the battery for the duration. With so many electronic gizmos, I'm not sure what'll happen when I connect it again. Or I could leave a very low amperage trickle charger attached via a time clock, and give it about 8 hours slow charge each 24.

Any thoughts out there? I'll also blow the tyres up hard to prevent flat-spotting, and leave the handbrake off, but if there's anything else I should consider, happy to hear. It's garaged, by the way.
QQ DiG-T Tekna 1.2 Xtronic, 17" Alloys, Pearl Storm White, Panoramic roof

Sanke

Post by Sanke »

Trickle charge it, over inflate the tyres to stop flat spots, and chuck a couple of Thomar dehumidifier bags in.

Steve
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hopefully this comment does not sound negative. We have been away twice (Sept > Oct) since having our QQ for 10 & 9 weeks and actually done nothing special to the QQ except the neighbour had our key (he did not start it). Both times the QQ started first time (still the original Battery) and no other problems were experienced - hope this helps Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Let me know when you're away next, Dave -- I could do with some Tekna wheels and a new telly! ;)

Lisbon, if you have a trickle charger, I think that's a good idea. I had less luck than Dave with my battery and in less than a year, its charging ceiling dropped so that it believed it was full when it was only accepting 44% of its potential maximum charge. even though it showed a nominal voltage of 12.14v
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Lisbon Mile

Post by Lisbon Mile »

Thanks for your suggestions, guys. My local Nissan dealer suggested disconnecting the battery, and said that when I reconnected it, I may need to enter a code for the radio. Not sure I have that, but will check.

So leaving it on trickle charge might be better than disconnecting...
QQ DiG-T Tekna 1.2 Xtronic, 17" Alloys, Pearl Storm White, Panoramic roof