J11 parking sensor issues when raining

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Iandee

Post by Iandee »

Coupe racing wrote:Mine is a 66 plate and the front sensors are playing up
Wow, is that the new shape etc? in a funny way im pleased to hear that ;) although I know it doesnt help. Im wondering if I can get a NCS ref number before my warranty runs out in a few months :roll:
Ian Dee
1.2 petrol manual Acenta Premium Dig-T Reg May 2014, Magnetic Red. bought Feb 2015.

PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

When I picked my new QQ up on Tuesday the garage warned me that the rain may active the sensors.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Mine (16 plate) went off the first day I picked the car up which was raining, but in rain since no issues what so ever.

Looks like problem not solved on new cars.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Iandee

Post by Iandee »

DaveBerlin wrote:Ian, can I make a suggestion. We have had a Micra / Note / Juke and now a QQ and in all cases where we have had problems I have put the problem in writing with pics if needed and forwarded them by email to NCS. It is worthwhile for Guarantee Issues that it is all documented. In our case in Germany to germany@nissan-services.eu then you should receive an NCS No. and they should then contact the Dealer, it has always worked for us and I do also telephone as well when the No. is confirmed (yup I can be a pain) - Dave ;)
Give NCS a go I think this is correct : gb@nissan-services.eu
Just picked this up Dave. Many thanks. Of course I won't have pics. Any idea what the email for NCS would be ?
Ian Dee
1.2 petrol manual Acenta Premium Dig-T Reg May 2014, Magnetic Red. bought Feb 2015.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well as I mentioned on another post today there was an Electronic Problem with the QQ. The temperature was -5°C and when putting the QQ into 1st Gear the "Bells & Whistles" :lol: started making noises, I thought it could be Drops of ice had this once before and checked and cleaned all cameras and sensors, but on driving 20kms it was still there until I parked at Nissan and guess what it cleared itself. Anyway I had a photo of the Problem and the Technician stated known "Sensor Problem" we will fit 2 new Middle Sensors. So next week this will be done alongside the Rear Bracket (Recall) both under Guarantee - Dave :)

IMG_3305.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Good idea to take the pictures :)

I see you like your interior toastie at 22c :). Mine never goes above 20c and usually I have it on 18-19c. I get hot far too quickly :(
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Lanstorm, pic was taken only after a couple kms usually it is down around the 19C mark. The 22C seems to be a preset temp at startup related to the Webasto Stand Heating from what I am told. It starts off at 22C until the Co-Driver gets her hands on it :lol: - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well it happened again this morning @ -3C, but on placing in 1st or Reverse ended with the same result - Alarms. After leaving the QQ in the Sun for around 5 mins the Alarm Problem disappeared - so is it Temperature related ?. Be interesting to see the effect when the new Sensors are installed but the Temps are going to rise this week - Dave :)

IMG_3312.JPG

IMG_3313.JPG

IMG_3314.JPG

Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Must be a temp thing Dave. Do other in colder areas suffer. I guess in the U.K. We rarely get that cold anymore
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof

Post by alter »

Hi Dave.
I guess it has to be temp related. It has been around -7deg here in the west part of Norway during the last couple of weeks. Although I've cleaned the sensors, the same problem appears everyday. Parked for a while with sunlight directly on them, problem disappeared. Next day, problem appeared again, although it has been really dry, with no moisture or ice on the windows. I can only think of small condensation/moisture on the sensors getting frozen, and activating them.
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 4x4 gunmetal