Qashqais feel the cold.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
sexton

Post by sexton »

Nissan Nordic Europe just sent me (free) this air intake blanking kit to use in sub 0 weather.Apparently the intercooler can ice up and prevent restarting.

ts472.jpg

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sexton, well Nissan have really excelled supplying you this kit free and you mention sub zero temperatures, what sort of minus temps are you speaking of if this Kit is required. Is this Kit a Nissan OEM Part and if so do you know the Part No. ?. When you mention Nissan Nordic are you based in Finland or one of the other Nordic Countries - an interesting winter addition Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
sexton

Post by sexton »

Not a Nissan part it's made by http://www.tammers.fi/tuotteet/maskisuojat.
The letter from Nissan mentions the 1.2 petrol engine and says to use the kit below +5C because of ice build up in the intercooler hose or throttle housing.
The Tammers instructions say it is for use on diesel engines and low emission engines when temps are below +5C but on another page says remove it when temperatures "reach plus degrees".
I thought people should know as the problem must be common enough for Nissan to contact me and offer the kit for free.Perhaps they are getting a lot of call outs now that the weather is turning cold.

P.S. Remember to turn off stop start when it's cold or you could be a sitting duck in the middle of a junction.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I used to have a blanking plate like that on my Citroen 2CV6! :)
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sexton, it looks like you have raised a very important point with regards to this Grill cover Kit from Tammers - Thanks !
This has just appeared in the German Autobild Magazine today and mentions that the problems are with the 1,2L Petrol QQ & Pulsar but only for the Swedish Market. It does mention that last year there were 20 incidents with QQ's with this Icing problem. Nissan's recommendation is to install these parts when installing the Winter Wheels / Tyres and when temps are +5*C to remove them.
Now what is being said is that South Schweden and Germany have similiar winter temperatures, in Göteborg the winter for example temps were similar as in Berlin : -3*C to +4*C. It looks like I need to follow this up with our Dealer as here we have been down to -6*C already. One plus point for our QQ is we do have a Webasto Stand Heating Installed - Dave ;)
Here is the pic in the German Autobild Mag for reference :

IMG_1727.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

OK, here it is it stacks up with what I found last week QQ14 > TS472 @ €56 (take a look at the VAT 24%) - Dave :(

IMG_1728.PNG

ChrisDK

Post by ChrisDK »

Haven't had any xmas pressies from Nissan here in Denmark :(

2016 1.2 DIG-T Tekna Magnetic Red
Nestormkd

Post by Nestormkd »

I'm in Stockholm-Sweden owning 1.2 DIG-T and I confirm that I have the same kit provided free of charge from Nissan and that same letter from Nissan Finland regarding ice build-up reached me. CAI - Cold Air Intake protection makes a big difference on temperatures under 0 degrees Celsius.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Nestormkd, thanks for this update this is becoming an interesting subject. It is now confirmed that Finland and Sweden QQ Owners are receiving these kits, I suppose my question would be what about the other countries that get these minus temps - as I mentioned before I will question our Dealer on this - Dave :shock:
ChrisDK

Post by ChrisDK »

I asked our dealer yesterday and it seems that Sweden, Norway and Finland get this kit for free, but if I want one I have to buy it in Sweden.

One plus is the QQ is now going in to have the mudflaps refitted, they haven't fitted very well from day one.

2016 1.2 DIG-T Tekna Magnetic Red