Steerling column noise

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
andyneouk

Post by andyneouk »

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a 64 plate J11. Recently when getting in the car at first i get a squeak / judder / clunk noise from the steering column when turning it. Its seems to come from where it goes through the floor next to my floor matt. I have already had the warranty issue of the suspensions noise done so i know its not that (doesnt sound the same). The noise generally goes away after driving for a while. Any ideas or known issues?

Cheers, Andy

Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

andyneouk wrote:Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a 64 plate J11. Recently when getting in the car at first i get a squeak / judder / clunk noise from the steering column when turning it. Its seems to come from where it goes through the floor next to my floor matt. I have already had the warranty issue of the suspensions noise done so i know its not that (doesnt sound the same). The noise generally goes away after driving for a while. Any ideas or known issues?

Cheers, Andy
Ours suffers from this as well. Is it temperature related? Ours squeaks when it's cold (i.e. started in the last week or 2) but is fine during the summer months.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I do not know if this of help but this is an old post with the similiar problem and ours had the suspension mods done and as of yet no more sounds and today was minus 4*C here. Try using the "Search" Facility also as you might find some more info ' - Dave :)

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3436&hilit=steerin ... n&start=20
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Billgo

Post by Billgo »

Also had the suspension mods done six or seven months ago, but the tearing noise has surfaced again in the past 2 weeks. I rang the dealer yesterday and had the steering knuckle/joint greased this afternoon. However, they say this part needs replacing, now on order, and will be fitted next week. My parts terminology may not be 100%. I will report back when work completed and will ask for more details, part no. etc.
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual
Billgo

Post by Billgo »

Update. I got a call from the Service Manager this morning, and had the parts fitted this afternoon. From what I can understand, the plastic/rubber covers over the struts were replaced along with top covers, Part No. 540344EA1A or that could be IA at the end. Perhaps somebody has got a full parts list and can enlighten us further.
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Billgo, that number looks familiar, take a look at the old Post attached where there is a sketch I found for parts. Incidently be careful as I think I wrote the Part number incorrectly yours looks good. "Search" is where a lot of facts are - Dave ;)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3436&hilit=steerin ... =30#p35428
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken