AC & Engine Light issue

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Jay

Post by Jay »

Hello to all my fellow Qashqai owners. I am the owner of a 2010 Nissan Qashqai DCi 1.5cc and I have had it now for over a year. Never had a reason to complain about it and still don't, for i just love this vehicle. I just have a few questions after what occurred over the weekend and today.

Yesterday, before i drove out of my garage I turned on the ac as I always do and its making a loud annoying blowing sound that i never heard before. Hence, my first question is : What do you think is the reason for this?

Now today, I usually warm the vehicle every morning for at least 10 to 15 minutes but because I was press for time, I basically just turned it on, let it idle for less than a minute and began driving. I got to my destination and on the return home whilst driving, i was doing about 60 miles per hour when the red engine light came on and I immediately felt a lost in engine power. It did not stall for I was able to drive all the way home. When I got home I took off the engine for a while, started it back up (the red engine light was still on) and took it for a spin around the block. Whilst driving it the red engine light came off and the vehicle gained back its usually power.

My final question is : What do you think that cause this to happen?

Thanks for reading this long essay :-)

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

You should not be leaving your car to warm up (idle running the engine) for any time. Modern cars are designed to start & drive. You are waisting fuel and possibly coaking up your engine as it needs to get to operating temperature as quickly as possible.
Jay wrote:Hello to all my fellow Qashqai owners. I am the owner of a 2010 Nissan Qashqai DCi 1.5cc and I have had it now for over a year. Never had a reason to complain about it and still don't, for i just love this vehicle. I just have a few questions after what occurred over the weekend and today.

Yesterday, before i drove out of my garage I turned on the ac as I always do and its making a loud annoying blowing sound that i never heard before. Hence, my first question is : What do you think is the reason for this?

Now today, I usually warm the vehicle every morning for at least 10 to 15 minutes but because I was press for time, I basically just turned it on, let it idle for less than a minute and began driving. I got to my destination and on the return home whilst driving, i was doing about 60 miles per hour when the red engine light came on and I immediately felt a lost in engine power. It did not stall for I was able to drive all the way home. When I got home I took off the engine for a while, started it back up (the red engine light was still on) and took it for a spin around the block. Whilst driving it the red engine light came off and the vehicle gained back its usually power.

My final question is : What do you think that cause this to happen?

Thanks for reading this long essay :-)
Last edited by Deleted User 3871 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I drive off within seconds of starting - letting it idle so long is just wasting fuel!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Jay

Post by Jay »

Okay thanks for the tip.