Bumped my 12 week old car

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
grahamfromoldham

Post by grahamfromoldham »

Simmo, I feel your pain pal hehe

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

DaveW, you are correct try not to run over any Kerbs it ends up getting expensive with Alloys. Ours is just over two years old with no major problems with damage if as you appear to have a Tekna have you tried using the Camera System (naturally also using your eyes and body movements) when reversing as this is what we use most now. When Parking close to Kerbs we hit the " Camera" button to get a Side View of the Wheel / Kerb and this helps. We were lost with our Rental Jeep in the US without the Camera System. Personally I do not like these Spiral Type Drive Ins in some Multi Story Car Parks as the Kerbs are High and the final entry Kerb you cannot see especially here - Damage ! - Dave ;)
These photos are taken from a LH Drive QQ. The Camera View is the first one.

IMG_3001.JPG

IMG_3002.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
grahamfromoldham

Post by grahamfromoldham »

Yes I have the camera but as I was driving forward when I hit the barrier the camera doesn't come on automatically. At the end of the day its a car not an articulated truck and so a lapse of memory remembering I had parked next to a dwarf barrier has resulted in the damage. I wouldn't be lost personally if the camera system wasn't fitted on the Tekna, but I guess some people will find it useful.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

I'm still getting used to the camera, I find in certain light conditions it's not that great, not too bad most of the time though. By the way I took mine back today to have a rattle looked at and after reading these forums said to the technician 'Air filter housing?' And yes it was! Quick tie wrap and all is good.
2016 1.6D Tekna in Storm White, chrome pack, mudflaps and glass roof.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Graham, try Pressing the "Camera" Button Manually to get the aside Camera View - Dave ;)

IMG_3003.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken