Bumped my 12 week old car

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
grahamfromoldham

Post by grahamfromoldham »

I'm here to vent my anger at myself at bumping my black brand new Qashqai having only had it for 12 weeks. I was in my local multi storey car park in Winsford and parked alongside a dwarf crash barrier. Upon returning after shopping to the car I completely forgot the barrier was there and set off, resulting in a loud crumple as the car vibrated through to the steering wheel. I knew instantly what I'd done and got out to inspect the damage. Luckily/unluckily I have ruined the nearside rear alloy and plastic wheel arch along with the trim along the bottom of the rear passenger door.
It could have been a lot worse and looks like a relatively easy job to replace these parts and is booked in to an accident repair garage this week after being assessed by an insurance assessor tomorrow.
Rant over lol

catnash

Post by catnash »

Commiserations. Sometimes when it's self inflicted bit easier to deal with. Luckily no paint damage and to the plastic part and wheel refurb?
1.2 Auris TS, Yaris 1.5.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Knocked mine earlier this year. Looked worse than it was. £160 repair no insurance claim. Job done. Be more careful next time ! ( note to self ).

Hope it gets sorted soon
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Still makes you feel sick to the core though!
I scuffed a rear alloy turning out of a tight corner against the curbstone.....I felt wary and angry with myself for weeks!
grahamfromoldham

Such minor work has resulted in a couple of quotes of £400 if I paid privately but with no courtesy car therefore I'm going through my insurance after all. You win some you lose some lol
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

I've only had mine for five days and have already scuffed an alloy while getting used to reversing the beast (rear vis isn't exactly great is it) and found an almost impercerptible ding on the front wheel arch where I'm sure someone who parked about 3 microns away from me in the supermarket has opened their door into it. These things happen and they will happen again.
2016 1.6D Tekna in Storm White, chrome pack, mudflaps and glass roof.
TheSavage

Post by TheSavage »

Always gutting when you bump your car or mark an alloy! Supermarkets are the worst for stuff like that, so having kids, I always try and go for the big spaces designed for families. Gives you peace of mind that you and especially other people (sometimes inconsiderate) will not bang your car! I have also resorting to not mounting kerbs (had to have the passenger side front alloy repaired 4 times in a year once) on the near side! You can get anal about all this stuff but it certainly looks after your car better...
benchmark

Post by benchmark »

TheSavage wrote:Supermarkets are the worst for stuff like that, so having kids, I always try and go for the big spaces designed for families.
Fortunately our supermarket car park doesn't get full. It's not far to walk but I park in the furthest point from the entrance and as most people are allergic to walking from their car to the store, this is where I park which suits me just fine :D
grahamfromoldham

When the insurance's repair garage came to collect her from me, he did a walk round to check for existing damage. Reluctantly and not wanting to upset me further he pointed out a lovely big stone chip in the middle of the bonnet which I hadn't seen. If I don't laugh I'll cry. 12 weeks old and showing signs of minor damage already. The joys of owning a ton of metal pottering about. On a plus side being a life long Vauxhall owner I am so glad I bought this Qashqai Tekna as the 'gadget's far outweigh VX's top spec Astra for the same price that I paid for my pre-reg model. Also a lot better for me due to a back problem and the QQ being higher than an Astra. Not sure Vauxhall's wi-fi will ever take off in their new Astra. Isn't that what data is for on your phone and the ability to open your phone up as a wi-fi hotspot for others to piggyback onto?
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

Sorry I can beat that. Had my QQ 6 days and ripped off the two near side doors due to a low metal post. PAINFULLL.
Simmo