Has anyone used New-Car-Discount.Com - are they legit?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
belinea2010

Post by belinea2010 »

Hi all

I am going to be buying a new Qashqai N-Vision in the next week or so once I have decided who from
and I wonder if anyone has ever bought from a Broker called New-Car-Discount.Com?

I have never bought a brand car before much less used a broker so I am very VERY wary as its a lot of money
to gamble on. They are offering a unbelievable deal on the N-Vision which every dealership I have approached has
not been able to beat so are they legit and are there any potential problems I should look out for?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks all

dode

Post by dode »

I bought a new Qashqai 1.6 dCi N-Tec+ (J10) from new-car-discount.com back in November 2012.
No problems at all - simply agreed a trade-in price for my 2010 j10 Qashqai 1.5 dCi Accenta, paid £500 deposit by phone and picked up my new car from their Warrington office about four weeks later. I chose to collect so paid the balance on the day.
You will not be the first owner listed in the documentation, although that did not seem to be a problem when I subsequently traded the car in 2015 to buy a nearly new j11 Qashqai 1.5 dCi Tekna from a Nissan main dealership.
The V5 took a few months to come through. Some people worry about that , but you will have a receipt etc.
I would have used them again in 2015 but at that time the sizable discount was not available for j11 outright purchases (only PCP).
accenta -> n-tec+ -> tekna
benchmark

Post by benchmark »

dode wrote: You will not be the first owner listed in the documentation, although that did not seem to be a problem when I subsequently traded the car in 2015 to buy a nearly new j11 Qashqai 1.5 dCi Tekna from a Nissan main dealership.
Just remember that if a car is Pre-registered it is technically second hand and also the manufacturers warranty starts on the date first registered.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/c ... ying-guide
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Ensure you pay deposit by credit card only; you then have protection if anything goes belly up; you won't get same protection with Dr Card, though transaction charge will be higher for you.

I bought here:
http://www.broker4cars.co.uk/Buy/New_Ca ... mic%5D+5dr
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I used Lex Autolease partners of CSMA.
Superb service from start to finish. Would gladly recommend to anyone. Fantastic savings to be made that no Nissan dealership was prepared to match.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

An extremely out-of-date website. It doesn't engender much confidence where besides it listing the Qashqai+2 it's still listing Saabs. OK so they haven't any of either but why are they still showing? Likewise several manufacturers are showing as no saving at all - Volkswagen Golf and Toyota Prius for instance.

Cheap prices for Qashqais though...
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)