Steering 'wheel' noise

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Only just noticed I originally posted this reply to a thread for the J10 version (found when I Googled the steering noise issue), so reposting here.

But again this forum comes up trumps, although I still see lots of different diagnosis & possible solutions to this issue.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ghcHobgkKTo

I had a quick Google online and found the above You tube video, showing exactly the issue/noise that I have been getting over the last couple of weeks. It came, then went about a week ago, but has reappeared again.

The temperatures issue certainly ties in, it's now hoovering around freezing in the north of Scotland. I also think on further investigation the noise is coming from the engine/front of the car but is obviously transmitted to the interior of the car. This will drive me demented if I have to listen to this for circa 6 months of the year ! And the car isn't due a service for another 8 months.

And added to -

* the crazed roof rail caps that the dealer failed to replace last time it was back in,
* blind spot indicators that seem to have a mind of their own (I've read all those posts on here too),
* collision avoidance that regularly declares itself unavailable,
* a handbrake that doesn't always want to apply,
* a stereo that often comes on when starting the car playing the CD when it was previously on radio,
* oh & discs that feel like they may be warped (same as the lemon of an X Trail I had) at <14k miles.

Well only 2 months in (6 months a first Nissan owner - the X Trail lasted just 4 months) I am one very disappointed & frustrated Nissan owner right now.

I love my motors & driving, but I'm just not sure I am going to love this one !
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.

Billgo
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Billgo »

I had the "mod" for this complaint done earlier in the year, i.e. seating for front shocks replaced. However, the noise reappeared this week after we had a very long dry spell, so it seems to be weather related. The noise is noticeable at low speeds on sharp corners and when locking steering for parking.
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Yep, that all sounds familiar Billgo, it's most noticeable as I swing the car round to park in my drive & any slow moving parking manoeuvre. It must be bad as even my kids are now talking about it ! Sounds like I will just need to live with it whilst I have the motor but at least it doesn't sound like I have any sort of terminal failure on the horizon ! Thanks.
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

I have just spoken to my dealer and they say its the seal that the colomn passes through on the bulkhead - needs some lube
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Thanks coupe racing...good to know. It seems to be coming & going...and was present when the temps were a bit higher the other day too !