First impressions

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

Hi

Im new here , and 2 weeks ago took delivery of my first Nissan , a Black 1.5 DCi N-Connecta.
Overall Im pretty happy , but ......

So a first impression list , good , bad and some things I wished the car had .....

Good:
Quiet
Comfortable
Well finished
Economical
Looks good

Bad:
Not quite the car I was expecting for Junior German manufacture money
Dash centre rattles
Really weak single tone horn - no good on a motorway
Clutch pedal noise
NSF door trim rattles
NSF dash rattles
Drivers front seat belt knocks in the B pillar ( at the bottom - passenger side does not )
Heater luke warm to feet with heater set only to feet and temperatire set to HI and fan speed on medium
Door trims that move when the windows are operated
Resonance under the car at low rpm in every gear
Poor hands free phone call sound quality - lots of echo regardlesss of signal strength
Poor speaker quality

Would like:
A chunky steering wheel
A decent horn
Some more mid range torque from the engine
Better heat to the foot wells - face vents hot - foot wells luke warm
Ability to have cool air to face vents when screen or feet are set to hot
Better halogen headlamps
Illuminated dash vent controls - still takes me an age to locate them
To be able to skip music tracks using a large button on the screen rather than the steerning wheel or the << >> button on the left of the screen
Illuminated window switches all round
One touch windows all round

Now Im being critical here , but I have just come out of a competitors car , and I really had high hopes.
I do like the car , and Im determined to get it sorted.
Thus I will now duck and take on board all the feed back that this will generate.
Im waiting for the dealer to find the time to take a look into the problems , and hope that the future is bright

With regards to the third list , they are just a few things for me that would make this car even better.

Cheers

Steve
Last edited by Coupe racing on Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey

jay70

Post by jay70 »

Could be worse.........Your engine could start rattling after a few hundred miles resulting in the engine being taken out and a new timing chain fitted. It could also develop a clunking noise and be told it was a characteristic of the car only for it to disappear when the rear brakes are stripped down and reassembled. It could get even worse when you're told the creaking which has been there since 1500 miles is due to it needing a new axle.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Dont buy a lottery ticket this week cos you aint gonna win! Seriously, give the car a little more time to bed in before commenting on its supposed negatives. I agree its not perfect, but then again what cars are? I honestly believe you are being over critical and will accept the car for what it is in a short time. Regarding the 'improvements'.....if you wanted these in the first place then you should have spent money, more money on other marques. Like ive said, give it a little more time. Rattles n squeaks come and go. You will learn to love the car before long.
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

Well I bought what I could afford
All my would likes are product improvements and desires , and the bad points should not be evident on a car in this price bracket .
In just 2 weeks I have covered over 2000 miles so I spend a lot of time in an environment that rattles
I'm not being picky it's just I expected better .

As I said , I will duck !

Steve
Brown18

Post by Brown18 »

I've had a QQ 1.6 4WD acenta premium for two years and the comments you have made echo many of the posts I have read on this very helpful forum.
The rattles in the door and dashboard should be rectified by your dealer. I had a rattle by the glovebox which was sorted by the dealer applying foam pads. The car now runs very quietly.
The horn hasn't bothered me too much but I know what you mean!
The Phillips dipped and main beam bulbs are mediocre. Following advice on the forum, I bought Osram Nightbreaker replacement bulbs (see the posts on the forum). They made a dramatic improvement.
You haven't mentioned the wiper blades - mine were less than good. Bosch replacements are excellent (again see the forum posts).
I hope this is helpful.
1.6 diesel. Acenta Plus 4WD. Blade Silver.
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Reading through the posts it seems a pity that a car with such a good reputation should have so many small annoying faults. Having written that I once had an brand new Audi that had gearbox, drive shaft, radio, electrical and dashboard issues, Audi took the car back. I never really had the car long enough to find out if there were any small annoying issues :)
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

I've now had a chance to chat to my selling dealer because my car is full of noises.

So to sum up , I have posted some proposed remedies to some of my issues - please see below

You never know - they might help you

Dash centre rattles --- heater duct touching the dash
Really weak single tone horn - no good on a motorway --- the wiring already exists for the second horn - so I will buy the horn and fit - easy
Clutch pedal noise --- dry hydraulic cylinder or pivot bush
NSF door trim rattles --- loom behind door trim
NSF dash rattles --- apparently , the dash is mounted to a cross beam - so the dash requires alignment
Drivers front seat belt knocks in the B pillar ( at the bottom - passenger side does not ) --- new seat belt required
Heater luke warm to feet with heater set only to feet and temperatire set to HI and fan speed on medium --- no fix unfortunately - its just a design issue
Door trims that move when the windows are operated --- apparently - this is to force the inner scraper seal to clear the inside of the window !!!
Resonance under the car at low rpm in every gear --- air cleaner clips loose - affects petrol and diesel models
Poor hands free phone call sound quality - lots of echo regardlesss of signal strength --- will be investigated
Poor speaker quality --- design issue
Poor headlamp performance --- I have ordered some H11 LED bulbs - 4000 lumens each and a 6000K light - 35w ... I will report back once I have run a comparison with our 1.2 Petrol Acenta on a 16 plate and post pictures of the cars side by side.
Steering wheel noisy from lock to lock --- dry bulkhead grommet - needs pushing back slightly and some grease applying to the steering shaft.
As per another post of mine - Diesel models only - an air con pipe at the front of the engine rubbing through where it touches the engine cover --- hose will be replaced.
Noise from instrument cluster area / upper steering column --- Instrument cluster binnacle loose against body of cluster - new assembly required.

Hopefully , there are some pointers to help you get any common problems that you may also have - sorted out quickly.
Last edited by Coupe racing on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Sounds like most underway of resolution. Sorry they were there in the first place. It is a good car. Let's hope it gets a lot better for you
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
crewmeal

Post by crewmeal »

Really weak single tone horn - no good on a motorway --- the wiring already exists for the second horn - so I will buy the horn and fit - easy
Where exactly are these spare wires for a second horn and would you disconnect the ready installed horn?
Unsure which Red - 2015 1.6dci - N-Tec + usual extras including panoramic sun roof.
benchmark

Post by benchmark »

Coupe racing wrote: Really weak single tone horn - no good on a motorway --- the wiring already exists for the second horn - so I will buy the horn and fit - easy
There's a horn on the car? I thought it was just coincidence that I heard a mouse squeak at the same time as using the horn :?

I have a better horn on the bike :o