Nissan will make the next Qashqai and XTrail in Sunderland

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
TheSavage

Post by TheSavage »

Can I just ask what year and model of QQ people have commenting on here? I hear a lot of negative comments about the car and yet, I've had a few of them and never had problems. I only keep them from new up to 18 months old, but in saying that, the new version since 2013 has been excellent!

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

TheSavage, ours is a 08/14 J11 Tekna Model and yes we have had problems mostly minor (basically no different than other manufacturers) and these have all been corrected by our Dealer here with No Hassle & No personal contact with NCS. I have said this before that the contact between the Customer & Dealer (at all levels of command) is important, yesterday was an example I just asked about my Electronic Problems and what caused these and within 1 hour a new Battery was installed.
I am a great believer in "Feedback" whether Negative or Positive and my wife does say I can be a "Pain in the Bum", but so be it, that's me.
Now this has also been mentioned before, this is an open Forum and there is normally more Negatives than Positives because people like to air their negative views more than the positives, that is life and we have to accept it. As you I am sure there are many members who love their QQ's but just keep quite about it - Dave ;)
I believe this subject has been raised before and the original subject is getting a little mixed now :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
TheSavage

Post by TheSavage »

I agree with what you are saying Dave! The only thing I would add is that there is too much negativity around in general and this can sometimes not be backed up with correct facts. This is not a dig at anyone in particular on this thread, but just a helicopter view! Positive comments should be shared more, it's important as much as negatives!

HKphooey, interested in what car you have too! Staggered to think that a car you mention from 15 years ago is better made than a Nissan...
redqashqai

Post by redqashqai »

TheSavage wrote:Positive comments should be shared more, it's important as much as negatives!
True, but such is the nature of forums. For the record my J11 has been superb.

Comments, good or bad should always give details of the spec/engine under discussion.
Current: 2020 1.3 DIG-T QQ NTEC - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 10.20.
Previous: 2018 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 09.18.
Previous: 2016 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11a - Flame Red - delivered 04.16.
hkphooey

Post by hkphooey »

TheSavage wrote:I agree with what you are saying Dave! The only thing I would add is that there is too much negativity around in general and this can sometimes not be backed up with correct facts. This is not a dig at anyone in particular on this thread, but just a helicopter view! Positive comments should be shared more, it's important as much as negatives!

HKphooey, interested in what car you have too! Staggered to think that a car you mention from 15 years ago is better made than a Nissan...
Hi
Yes its all down to individuals experience and the nature of these type of forums you will always hear about problems over good reviews its human nature. I even purchased my car a 1.6DCi 360 + 2 last of the J10's on the strength of my father inlaws experience with his 2010 1.5Dci Tekna . He has never had a issue apart from the notorious boot grab external trim coming off!!!!

I just don't think the quality of this not quite entirely Japanese car fits their reliability reputation , and feel the Renault association is to blame as the main reasons i wouldn't buy a Renault are the same issues i have had with the QQ ie: electrical , build quality (mainly of switches and plastics) i had the ignition surround trim fall off and the leather gaiter type trim under clocks fall away was held on by double sided tape :o , took it into dealer for them to fix a new one which they did just before i drove off their forecourt i checked to make sure it had been done only for it to be hanging off again :o :o
This was brand new part , in the end they super glued it , something i would've done myself as they made a slight mess with it :roll: just not what i have come to expect fro a supposedly solid Japanese car manufacturer , Renault YES!! Nissan NO!!! I was a VX man through and through before but decided on the + 2 over the Zafira tourer and i am now regretting it slightly especially when i could have had a better spec for at least 2k less!!!

Wanted a change but will never buy another Nissan im afraid , saying that the dealer has been good getting it in booking etc and lending a car so that side of things has been good trouble is for every job they under take it takes extra visits to eventually sort out the issues , Nissan head office by the way were AWFUL!!!!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Back to the Main Topic - Nissan Sunderland :
You guys are most probably more up to date on the problems of Brexit and the Auto Industry. I read this article on CNN Money today on the U.K. Auto Industry "Thousands of Auto Jobs in Jeopardy as the U.K. faces Brexit" and there was a comment regarding Nissan, my question is, is there a possibility on a reversal of the Nissan decision - Thanks Dave ;)

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/03/news/uk ... index.html
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken