Rear seat belt sockets - trouble when kids seats in

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

We (us adults & the kids !) are having some trouble plugging in the rear seatbelts to the sockets as the full Stage 3 child seats (which are quite large) stop the seatbelt buckle from being angled to slot into the socket. The fact that the socket seems to be firmly wedged in place (I.e no flexibilty to move it side to side or pull out slightly) adds to the issue. It's worse in the near side rear. We didn't have this problem with our last motor the XC60. It's frustrating for both the kids (their at an age where they want to be independent now !) & ourselves...especially as we are not used to them being sold to beat themselves in.

We did try a kids seat in the car before we bought it (well another same spec QQ at least) but didn't identify the socket /buckle issue, as we were concentrating on whether they fitted from a size perspective & how much room was left for Granny in the middle !

Anyone else had this issue, any solutions, or do yours maybe pull out a bit ? I'm not keen on using seat belt extenders from a safety perspective.
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Socket pulls out about an inch, no more, and will pull to one side on a slight angle. I can see how it coukd be an issue.
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Mmm, pity, I was hoping I was maybe missing something...it is going to be a huge frustration ! Thanks for the response gvmdaddy.
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I know you're not keen, but worth a look...

http://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com/ext ... oCLjjw_wcB