Collecting new QQ - any tips?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Lisbon Mile

Post by Lisbon Mile »

I'm looking forward to collecting my new 1.2 Tekna Automatic next week - from Toomey Nissan in Basildon.

Any tips or suggestions as to what I should check or look out for? How do I know it's got all the latest software loaded? Am I likely to get the 2013 maps on my Sat Nav, or is there a later version? And how do I check? From a brief scan through various posts, there seem to be quite a few fixes needed early in the car's life - mostly electronic/digital.

I currently drive a 2006 Mazda6, which has been a great car, but has very little gadgetry. One of the attractions about QQ, and Tekna in particular, has been all the toys and gizmos (= more to go wrong, maybe). So if I can get a heads up on what to look for, it could save time and frustration...
QQ DiG-T Tekna 1.2 Xtronic, 17" Alloys, Pearl Storm White, Panoramic roof

Bob d

Post by Bob d »

Have you considered whether you want a spacesaver tyre to carry instead of the virtual spare kit? It was the first thing I sorted when I got mine earlier this year.
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red
DD41

Post by DD41 »

Just enjoy I have the 1.2t CVT Inkblue Teckna what a dream . :D
19 plate X Trail 1.3 DIG-T DCT Tekna Gun metal grey + led kick plates + footwell lights + Chrome lower boot finsher
16plate 1.2 DigtT cvt Tekna ink blue pan roof chome pack/ protection pack / chrome sill protectors / Nissan mud flaps/Spare wheel
markygolf

Post by markygolf »

I Purchased my new Tekna from Toomey's Basildon 7 months ago.
It was supplied with the latest software and emergency kit. The salesman was very thorough in explaining all the goodies.
A few things were picked up on the initial inspection and rectified in the first week.
I have had a few minor issues with the car since but must say that the dealership have been very good at sorting them out.
Like a lot of companies these days I very rarely get my calls returned but by being persistent thinks do get done.
Enjoy your car.
2016 Tekna 1.6 DIG-T Gunmetal
Milner Off Road

Post by Milner Off Road »

One of our guys at the office love's his Tekna Qashqai. Enjoy your new car :)
Suppliers of high-quality Nissan Qashqai parts for the J10E and JJ10E. http://www.milneroffroad.com/nissan/qashqai
Lisbon Mile

Post by Lisbon Mile »

Thanks to all who commented. I hadn't thought about the spacesave (thanks Bob d), but will check. Mudflap seem to be a good thing; I live in a rural area, so plenty of muddy roads. I'll have to get these as an after market thing, as Toomey's don't have them.

Encouraging words to about Toomey's (thanks Markygolf). Unfortunately I'm in Wiltshire (2 1/2 hours drive away), so hope I don't need many post delivery issues sorting. I guess I can take it to my local dealer. Only using Toomey's as they were selected by drivethedeal.com, and that's how I got a discount.

Will post early reactions next week!
QQ DiG-T Tekna 1.2 Xtronic, 17" Alloys, Pearl Storm White, Panoramic roof
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

Have a good look around it to make sure there aren't any scratches on it ( mine had a small but deep scratch on it that the salesman tried to hide from me by standing awkwardly in front of, till my wife shoved him out of the way and pointed it out) to late to complain about once you've driven it away.
Check the tyre pressures, 50psi cold in all of mine after the pdi! It was skipping and jumping about all over the road, I wondered wth was happening on the way home!
Simple stuff really but easy to forget on the day, don't worry too much about the rest just enjoy it.
I recommend the mudflaps and fitting the DRL mod' from Duncho, those are the only mod's I have fitted to what is already a great car.
QQ 2014 (64) 1.5dci n-tec+ (gun metallic)
DRL mod & mud flaps.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I think a few people have recommended the mud flaps now, so I ordered them for my QQ, getting OEM from Hong Kong for £20 inc post, just hope they are OEM at this price.
Mark46 wrote: I recommend the mudflaps and fitting the DRL mod' from Duncho, those are the only mod's I have fitted to what is already a great car.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Daewar wrote:I think a few people have recommended the mud flaps now, so I ordered them for my QQ, getting OEM from Hong Kong for £20 inc post, just hope they are at this price.
Mark46 wrote: I recommend the mudflaps and fitting the DRL mod' from Duncho, those are the only mod's I have fitted to what is already a great car.
£20 for OEM mud flaps? If they are then that's a result. What site have you ordered them from?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

gvmdaddy, I just entered Nissan Qashqai J11 Mud Flaps in Safari (or Goggle) and the eBay webs opened up which show OEM Nissan Nos @ around £70 as against Chinese Products around the £20 mark. Thought as you asked you might be interested - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken