Collecting new QQ - any tips?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Lisbon Mile, your experience is much the same as 99% of new QQ owners. Sadly the ones that shout the loudest are the 1% or less that have negative experiences. Im with you, its a great car. Ive never noticed what youve mentioned about the pressure of the footbrake possibly affecting the stop/start operation...ill try it later! Enjoy!

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Has anybody tried the Tip from Lisbon Mile regarding the Stop / Start pressing of the Brake Pedal hard when stopped - Does it work ? Please take a look at the comments below on Stop / Start - Dave ;)

IMG_2765.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
redqashqai

Post by redqashqai »

Re. the above pre-conditions regarding brakes firmly applied. Not true on my QQ - as soon as the car has stopped then 'stop/start' kicks in. Foot brake and ePB have no bearing.
Current: 2020 1.3 DIG-T QQ NTEC - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 10.20.
Previous: 2018 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 09.18.
Previous: 2016 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11a - Flame Red - delivered 04.16.
redqashqai

Post by redqashqai »

Lisbon Mile wrote:couldn't find how to easily pause/mute music playback from iPhone
With the ignition on, the connect unit is in an 'always on' state and the connect on/off button then works as an audio off button.
With the CD, I just press the big on/off button on the connect unit. Pressing the button again picks the CD up from the interrupt point. I don't know if it behaves the same for all music inputs.
Current: 2020 1.3 DIG-T QQ NTEC - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 10.20.
Previous: 2018 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 09.18.
Previous: 2016 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11a - Flame Red - delivered 04.16.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Mudflaps arrived yesterday. A quick push against the car showed they fit the countours perfectly. Only the rears have QUASHQAI written on them. No Nissan manufacturing stamps, only some chineese writing on each. Quality appears to be very high, pics to follow.
Daewar wrote:I think a few people have recommended the mud flaps now, so I ordered them for my QQ, getting OEM from Hong Kong for £20 inc post, just hope they are OEM at this price.
Mark46 wrote: I recommend the mudflaps and fitting the DRL mod' from Duncho, those are the only mod's I have fitted to what is already a great car.
swindonseagull

Post by swindonseagull »

My first ever Qashqai is being delivered tomorrow.

Ink Blue 1.5 diesel Tekna with panoramic roof..

Interested in the mud flaps as I do a lot of driving on farm tracks and quarry access roads.
Lisbon Mile

Post by Lisbon Mile »

I've had mine for just under two weeks, and I'm really delighted with it. All the Tekna toys and goodies work well, and based on limited mileage and experience, the car is difficult to fault. The Panoramic Roof is great, and makes travelling in the back seats seem less closed in.

I treated it to three accessories:

- 'genuine' Qashqai interior mats: £21.49 from Aceparts (sourced via Amazon)
- rubber boot liner and mat: £34.99 from Unique Car Mats (again via Amazon)
- set of mud guards: £17.48 from eBay

The first two came very promptly, and are good quality The mudflats are being sent from China (on a slow boat?), and haven't arrived yet. They were recommended elsewhere on this thread, so I'm assuming they're OK. From what I've read, I'll probably need to get the Nissan dealer to fit them.

Enjoy your Qashqai - you won't regret the purchase. and you'll meet lots of helpful, friendly people on this forum!
QQ DiG-T Tekna 1.2 Xtronic, 17" Alloys, Pearl Storm White, Panoramic roof
Lisbon Mile

Post by Lisbon Mile »

Daewar, I'm encouraged by your message; I'm still waiting for mine. I'm interested to know whether you are fitting them yourself, or getting the dealer to do it for you.
QQ DiG-T Tekna 1.2 Xtronic, 17" Alloys, Pearl Storm White, Panoramic roof
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Mud flaps are now fitted by myself. The quality of the flaps and fit was fine.

As suggested by others, i removed the rear wheels for access.

The kit lacked 2 spring clip anchor nut things for the front mud flap lower attachment. I impovised by making something up from plastic that i was able to put the screw into. This faf took an extra 30 mins to sort out.

The task was very easy and overall it took about 2 hrs.
Lisbon Mile wrote:Daewar, I'm encouraged by your message; I'm still waiting for mine. I'm interested to know whether you are fitting them yourself, or getting the dealer to do it for you.
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

Well I have had my new car for 2 weeks and its far from perfect Im afraid.

However - overall its a good car , comfortable and economical too.

I will post a small article on my first experiences in a seperate post.

Please add some pictures of the mudflaps and the sellers details - much appreciated.
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey