Collecting new QQ - any tips?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

gvmdaddy, here is some brief information for example - Dave :)

IMG_1469.PNG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Lisbon Mile

Post by Lisbon Mile »

I'm interested in gvmdaddy's purchase too - I hope you'll record your experience here.

Off to collect my new QQ 1.2 Dig-T Xtronic (did I get that right) tomorrow; the countdown has started! It's 110 miles back home, so plenty of opportunity to test it out. How critical is it to vary the speed for the first 1,000 miles (as advised in the manual), rather than drive at a steady speed? Not a problem on M25, but trickier on M3.
QQ DiG-T Tekna 1.2 Xtronic, 17" Alloys, Pearl Storm White, Panoramic roof
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Slight misunderstanding folks. Ive already got them fitted. Paid around £50 when the J11 was released, and that was discounted price. I was just questioning how Deawar had managed to get original parts for only £20. I suspect they're not OEM. I seem to recall someone else buying some from China a couple of years back and they had problems getting them to fit tightly to the contours of the car.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

It will take a couple of weeks for them to arrive, will keep you posted and maybe a couple of pics of packaging etc.
Ordered from e-bay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252565380611? ... EBIDX%3AIT
gvmdaddy wrote:
Daewar wrote:I think a few people have recommended the mud flaps now, so I ordered them for my QQ, getting OEM from Hong Kong for £20 inc post, just hope they are at this price.
Mark46 wrote: I recommend the mudflaps and fitting the DRL mod' from Duncho, those are the only mod's I have fitted to what is already a great car.
£20 for OEM mud flaps? If they are then that's a result. What site have you ordered them from?
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

Lisbon Mile wrote:I'm interested in gvmdaddy's purchase too - I hope you'll record your experience here.

Off to collect my new QQ 1.2 Dig-T Xtronic (did I get that right) tomorrow; the countdown has started! It's 110 miles back home, so plenty of opportunity to test it out. How critical is it to vary the speed for the first 1,000 miles (as advised in the manual), rather than drive at a steady speed? Not a problem on M25, but trickier on M3.
I run my QQ 1.5dci engine in according to the guide lines by varying the speed especially on the motorway, I tried not to over rev it or labour the engine and now it runs very smooth and quiet, burns only a tiny amount of oil between services after 15000m.
Having said all that I have known people thrash engines from new and never had a problem!
Just drive it normally and you should be ok.
QQ 2014 (64) 1.5dci n-tec+ (gun metallic)
DRL mod & mud flaps.
Lisbon Mile

Post by Lisbon Mile »

Thanks for the heads-up on mudflats, Daewar. I've just ordered a set using your eBay link, and they were £17.48. There's the old adage: if a thing sounds too cheap, it probably is. So I'm ignoring caveat emptor, and I'll let you know what they're like. 21st October is estimated delivery.
stephen160

Post by stephen160 »

My dealer wanted £77 plus vat plus fitting(approx.£130) for my new QQ due 1st week of November, I have therefore taken the set off my 2014 QQ which I am part exchanging. If I had seen the above for under £20 I would have left them on the car. Just hope the dealer doesn't mind.
steve
First ever Nissan and have ordered a Qashqui Tekna iCVT in Blue. www.bookmyvilla.com owner
Lisbon Mile

Post by Lisbon Mile »

I'm in lurve!! Two months waiting has finally come to an end, and the object of my desires is in my hands!

Collected my new QQ from Toomeys in Basildon yesterday, and had a 125 mile drive back to Wiltshire, so plenty of opportunity to try it on a variety of roads.

Turned out to be a very pleasant experience: seats comfortable; performance very acceptable (didn't push it at this stage); ride smooth and reasonably quiet; interior classy and user friendly; sat nav not bad (I'd expected worse from what I'd read here); all features working fine.

I particularly like the blind spot warning - in the dark on a busy motorway, always good to have a reminder that there's someone there - on either side. Lane departure warning also good - it enforces the discipline of always signalling! Headlights were good, and auto dipping is awesome - worked perfectly on a limited test. The cameras are excellent; you'd have to be very unlucky or very silly to scratch the car.

What's not to like? Well, no handy little place to stow sunglasses within easy reach, couldn't find how to easily pause/mute music playback from iPhone. That's it, really. I'm awaiting my dirt cheap HK mud flaps, and will purchase some mats from eBay.

And, start/stop works a treat. Here's the thing, which others may not have found. When braking normally, S/S doesn't kick in, but once you're stationary, press the brake pedal harder, and the engine stops! I noticed that on my test drive car a couple of months ago. So in a way, it's selective; you have control and if it's just going to be a brief stop, you don't need to have S/S cut in. I love that I've already saved 0.03kg (or is it grams?) of CO2. I slept much better with that knowledge.

I'll report later on my extensive experience, MPG figures etc. Meanwhile, I must go for a quick play!
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Glad you had enjoyable drive; hope you weren't caught up in the M4 Reading shenanigans;
M4 closed twice this week for unnecessarily long periods (7 & 17 hours respectively) :(.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Bros

Post by Bros »

Great to hear you have got off to a positive start. :)
Enjoy......
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2