What to do now - dealer/customer relationship broken (again!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi Teknaman

Really sorry to hear about your ongoing woes. Not sure if you remember me, but we were chatting on the other post about these issues,tyres etc.

I'm not sure if you saw my latest one on the other post re my service problem? But it may well be in your interests to get an e-mail off quick to the big boss of the dealership you are dealing with. I e-mailed the dealership principal of my Nissan dealership on Thursday evening and he was on the phone to me on Friday morning trying to sort things out. I won't go into what he said again, as you can see from the other post, and know he probably fed me a load of old bull, but in the end admitted he had no defence and what I wanted would be done service wise.

I know it may cost you a bit, but again you could negotiate re the tyres and say if they replace, then you are willing to pay £100 let's say. That's what I did in the end, and thought of the positives rather than the negatives, in that two new Contis would have cost me £300 odd pound, but I got them for £100.

I know in future any deal I do with any car dealer, I will approach differently and want everything in writing, before I sign any deal. Thing is I have had Vauxhalls for years and always dealt with the same Vauxhall dealership who have been first rate, and I have never encountered any cock ups with them.

Good luck, and do remember as other people have said, your health comes first, try not to get too stressed over it, although I'm a fine one to talk as have spat feathers quite a few times since picking up my QQ. Can't wait to get 4 October out the way (service day), and then hopefully deal with a different Nissan dealership whilst I own my QQ.

Take care
Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)

Post by 298 »

A service plan that ties you in is exactly the reason why I don't agree with having one. I'll be looking elsewhere for a dealer service because the last time my QQ was in for its new Condenser, I picked it up with a paint scratch on the door and dud parking sensors. All faith in my local dealer has also gone now, the only saving grace with this whole charade of unreliability that could be covered with an extended warranty was they usually did an acceptable job of fixing what the factory couldn't get right, but now I know that isn't the case.
2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium in Gunmetal Grey.
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Thanks for the replies all. Will reply in more detail when I get some time. Making progress...slowly, have noted all your comments, done a bit more homework & have a little bit more info up my sleeve now. Let's hope the dealer is reasonable, if so I'll also be reasonable...if not, then...we'll just need to do what we need to do, but that could get messy.
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Teknaman wrote:Let's hope the dealer is reasonable, if so I'll also be reasonable...if not, then...we'll just need to do what we need to do, but that could get messy.
What if the dealer has the same mentality and will only be reasonable if you're reasonable... :?
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

I think I've been more than reasonable...to date...
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.
Bros

Post by Bros »

I would agree T has been very reasonable with this situ given the full story and monies spent.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2
Bros

Post by Bros »

Wheelie Bealie wrote:
Teknaman wrote:Let's hope the dealer is reasonable, if so I'll also be reasonable...if not, then...we'll just need to do what we need to do, but that could get messy.
What if the dealer has the same mentality and will only be reasonable if you're reasonable... :?
Strange post, mmm ..............
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Well folks, against all the odds it seemed, I have what I consider to be a result. Although it is really just putting the car to where I think I ought to have been when I agreed to buy it.

Two new Conti's fitted & damaged alloy replaced. Difficult to say how well the bodywork has been sorted out (they've definitely missed the scratches by one of the door handles) as the car was filthy after been driven up the road. I had to clean the alloys to check them as they were clarted in the 'white paste' & what I presume was black rubber residue.

Disappointing the multiple messages re the roof rails caps somehow suffered from 'Chinese whispers' & the service folks thought they'd been reported as loose & not 'crazed' as the case is. So they remain unchanged. Didn't help the salesman was on a day off & I had to chase up progress as nobody had phoned initially, but we're good thereafter.

Thanks for all the support, suggestions & encouragement folks, it's much appreciated.

Right, I'm off to try & enjoy this motor now that we've overcome all the negatives that have spoilt my Nissan ownership experience so far. She'll get some TLC at the weekend!
Bros

Post by Bros »

Result!
I am so chuffed for you, well done.
Enjoy the car for what it is, I am hoping you get the same experience I am having at the moment I really love the car.

Cheers
Bobby
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Bros wrote:Result!
I am so chuffed for you, well done.
Enjoy the car for what it is, I am hoping you get the same experience I am having at the moment I really love the car.

Cheers
Bobby
Thanks Bobby !