Cup holder dimensions

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

I've had a quick look & don't see this mentioned elsewhere (please forgive me if it is) but does anyone else have a solution for the slightly oddly sized cup holders? My experience in other cars is that they usually accept a standard size 330ml can as a snug fit, and can be a big loose with say a 500ml bottle or the like.

However those in the QQ have a rattle fit for a can & are way too big for a smaller bottle of water, on the flip side they'll take a bigger bottle snuggly enough. A bottle with a screw cap rattling is less of an issue than an open can !

Appreciate one size doesn't fit all...but just looking for a solution. I recall you used to get foam can holders with various inserts to adapt to fit & I wonder if I could maybe sit one of them in the holder to help me out...if they still exist.
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I cant believe there isn't a gripping device inside the cup holder to stop the rattle and keep most sized cups held tight, all my previous cars had this.
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Indeed...I've had a wee look about, but don't see an obvious aftermarket solution.
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

My immediate thought is "Blu-Tack" !
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

This is gonna drive me nuts until I find a solution! Just seems like a huge oversight.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Nice one Gel, definite possibility...just put off by the Hong Kong location, but at that price might be worth a punt. Need to check dims - thank you !
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Myself, i was thinking more like this & maybe even glueing them on or slicing slots to hold the fingers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cup+hol ... -Hi0hkM%3A

or this, do u think they hold your cup firm enough?

Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

LOL ! Brilliant! Looks good to me, but seems my wife isn't too keen on that alternative solution !

Will check out the other options on the link though...thanks again!
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Nice but can I have a redhead instead?

Who am I kidding, I'd settle for anybody!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic