66mpg today

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Essexeddie

Post by Essexeddie »

Wow some are getting good results. Well done. All I can manage is about 55. And I was pleased with that. I'm not now.
2014 Tekna J11 DC1 CVT Automatic, also a 1955 Chevrolet 3100 pickup truck.

Bros

Post by Bros »

Essexeddie wrote:Wow some are getting good results. Well done. All I can manage is about 55. And I was pleased with that. I'm not now.
I felt the same early doors tbh.
I suppose I have learned to drive it a bit more conservative.
For instance, today did a 50 ml round trip.
Motorway about 30mls cruise control set at 56mph.
Single track road through a few towns about 12mls with traffic lights 30mph plus stops.
Dual carriageway about 8mls at 45/50mph.

Averaged 74mpg, delighted.

Try cutting speed and use cruise control or speed limiter, hopefully you will be surprised.

Good luck
Cheers
Bobby
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2
Essexeddie

Post by Essexeddie »

I'm not a speed merchant but can't get anywhere near them readings. Mine is automatic so perhaps I'm expecting too much.
2014 Tekna J11 DC1 CVT Automatic, also a 1955 Chevrolet 3100 pickup truck.
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

56 on a motorway and 50 on a dual carriageway is dangerous driving as far as I'm concerned. Sorry
Bros

Post by Bros »

rod9669 wrote:56 on a motorway and 50 on a dual carriageway is dangerous driving as far as I'm concerned. Sorry
Please enlighten me on your statement?

So, a lorry doing 56mph is dangerous too, tell me the difference please?

I would think that you driving and I will quote what said on another thread at 80ish is far and away more dangerous than driving at 56mph.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Well said Bros. Too many lunatics on the roads using excessive speed.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Rod,

I do get your point that it can also be dangerous to go slow, but the speed you quote are a little high. I would say 40mph would in most cases be too slow compaired to the maximum of 70mph. But 50 - 56 is well within reason. As others have said, there are to many idiots driving to fast.

rod9669 wrote:56 on a motorway and 50 on a dual carriageway is dangerous driving as far as I'm concerned. Sorry
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Eddie, 55mpg in the 1.6 auto is good. My usual average for local journeys is around 52; the 65 is a longer trip figure. You won't ever get the economy of the 1.5 manual, but you get the extra torque and no cambelt worries.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
switchback

Post by switchback »

Speaking as a lorry driver, cars doing 50 to 56 mph on a duel carraigeway or motorway are a right pain in the arse as HGVs have a speed limiter set to a max of 56 but can be as low as 52 depending on how much fuel the boss wants to save. This makes it almost impossible to overtake at times due to the low speed differential. Bear in mind that a car doing an indicated 56 will probably equate to 53 on a calibrated tachograph in the lorry.

If you are pootling along saving fuel and with all the time in world and an HGV with a timed delivery schedule creeps up behind you I would suggest either tapping it up or down a couple of mph to either maintain a good gap or let him pass at a decent speed without blocking lane 2 for too long.

Tin hat is on for all the abuse from the anti lorry brigade :) ...................................and don't get me going about the caravaners who lose speed going up hill only to then speed up going down leaving the lorry stranded in the outside lane :evil: .
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Bros

Post by Bros »

switchback wrote:Speaking as a lorry driver, cars doing 50 to 56 mph on a duel carraigeway or motorway are a right pain in the arse as HGVs have a speed limiter set to a max of 56 but can be as low as 52 depending on how much fuel the boss wants to save. This makes it almost impossible to overtake at times due to the low speed differential. Bear in mind that a car doing an indicated 56 will probably equate to 53 on a calibrated tachograph in the lorry.

If you are pootling along saving fuel and with all the time in world and an HGV with a timed delivery schedule creeps up behind you I would suggest either tapping it up or down a couple of mph to either maintain a good gap or let him pass at a decent speed without blocking lane 2 for too long.

Tin hat is on for all the abuse from the anti lorry brigade :) ...................................and don't get me going about the caravaners who lose speed going up hill only to then speed up going down leaving the lorry stranded in the outside lane :evil: .
I will you what hacks me off big time.
One lorry overtaking another on a wee hill or whatever and taking forever to pass, hogging the lane for ages.
I have seen this many times, sometime the lorry will eventually give up and pull in the back.
Crap driving or what!