Qashqai 360 2013

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
LES353

Post by LES353 »

Hi new to this forum - just had qashqai 2013 1.5 360 for over a month now. Took to local Nissan garage last week as felt was holding back in lower gears then power kicking in and red engine management light came on. They advised turbo needed replaced which they did under warranty. Had car back for a few days and feel still holding back in lower gears then power kicks in, anyone else have thus? The car we had before was a 2009 1.5dci accenta and didn't encounter this - not sure if just because a newer car and drives differently??

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I would guess they have misdiagnosed the fault. I think there is someone in the forum who had the same problem, turbo changed & the car was still faulty.

Time to start searching for that post.
LES353 wrote:Hi new to this forum - just had qashqai 2013 1.5 360 for over a month now. Took to local Nissan garage last week as felt was holding back in lower gears then power kicking in and red engine management light came on. They advised turbo needed replaced which they did under warranty. Had car back for a few days and feel still holding back in lower gears then power kicks in, anyone else have thus? The car we had before was a 2009 1.5dci accenta and didn't encounter this - not sure if just because a newer car and drives differently??
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Thats the nature of the 1.5dci turbo enhanced engine. There has been mention of a problem with a 'rear oxygen sensor' if I recall correctly. Try using tye search button again, its only been mentioned recently.
LES353

Post by LES353 »

Hi gvmdaddy - sorry dumb woman moment for me - do you mean it is just normal that it holds back slightly then goes - it's not anything major but just feels different to the last qashqai that I had

gvmdaddy wrote:Thats the nature of the 1.5dci turbo enhanced engine. There has been mention of a problem with a 'rear oxygen sensor' if I recall correctly. Try using tye search button again, its only been mentioned recently.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

LES353 wrote:Hi gvmdaddy - sorry dumb woman moment for me - do you mean it is just normal that it holds back slightly then goes - it's not anything major but just feels different to the last qashqai that I had

gvmdaddy wrote:Thats the nature of the 1.5dci turbo enhanced engine. There has been mention of a problem with a 'rear oxygen sensor' if I recall correctly. Try using tye search button again, its only been mentioned recently.
Correct. First gear also feels particularly low but wll mkve if you floor the pedal.