Pleased with my QQ

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Bros

Post by Bros »

Teknaman wrote:Interesting posts folks...I fear I've fallen for the ex Nissan management gag...possibly twice. First with my X Trail that turned out to be ex Hertz...and probably now with my QQ. Lost all confidence in the car(s), dealer & Nissan in general TBH. Just returned the X Trail for the QQ (taking a loss of about £3k (in just 4 months & 3k miles) in the process !) but ended up with a car on pretty ragged tyres, with a badly damaged alloy & a questionable service history, and like you, wonder egg kind of checks if got before passed onto me ! Now also worried that it's also had a rear end repair due to serious a paint mismatch between bumper & rear wings (or is it just a painted metal v plastic thing ?) Love my cars, but seriously disillusioned with the whole car ownership experience right now !
Nightmare stuff, sorry to hear about the way you have been treated.
Could the xtrail not be sorted under warranty, what was actually wrong with it.
Like you I wouldn't be too happy losing that sort of money either.
Did you consider trading standards?

Hope things improve and issues get sorted

Good luck
Cheers
Bobby
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2

Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Bobby, it was a fairly long list of woes with the X Trail. Some stuff was fixed, other stuff was still outstanding - like no aircon for > 2 months due to unavailability of a part ! The car just didn't drive too well, & the occurrence of faults just seemed never ending, so I had some serious concerns over how well it had been looked after, so getting rid of it, felt like damage limitation. It had already spent several times in the dealers & they are not too local unfortunately.

I just didn't have the energy for the Trading Standards route...

Cleaned the Qashqai today & a little happier now that it's had some TLC, but still major issues to resolve.

Thanks mate.
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.