Pleased with my QQ

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Bros

Post by Bros »

Hi all,

I have had my car 3 months now and have covered approx 2500mls.
Initially I was a bit miffed at not being told the car was ex rental, add to that my oil level was at minimum after 650mls done by moi.
It was topped up and I was told to monitor and return to garage after 1000mls, no need as the level remained on max level.
I have now done another 1000mls and just dipped it and the level remains the same. :)
Well happy the way this has turned out tbh, but IMO it just shows that checks were not carried out prior to the sale. :(

Got to say it is probably the nicest car I have driven and polishes up well. It is smooth and accelerates fine for me.
I am averaging over 50mpg which to be fair is not bad as a lot of this is town driving.
Fingers crossed that the things continue well.

Seem to be a lot of guys lately with various issues with their QQ's, hope everyone get their issues sorted and start to enjoy their car.
Good luck
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Bros, nice to hear an Owners Positive comments on a 2nd Hand, ex Rental QQ. I hope you continue to enjoy the QQ Experience - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi Bros

I too bought a nearly new QQ in June of this year, was told it was a Nissan owned management car, but then when the V5 turned up it showed it was a Hertz rental car. I was well miffed too as probably would never have bought an ex rental car if I had known. However saying that I am over the moon with the car and having just covered 2000 miles whilst on holiday, must say it didn't miss a beat and performed well. I was even pleased with Sally Satnav, as we have named her, as she found everything I was looking for, and some of the places were a bit isolated. I bet the poor ex rentals cars have never seen a bucket and sponge, but just shoved through some grotty car wash machine every week or so, but having spent some time giving it a good hand wash it has come up really well.

I too had to laugh at their so called "pre delivery inspection" as mine was missing its aerial when I picked it up, which I spotted as soon as I arrived at the garage.

Does your reg number begin "KN," as mine did, although I now have my personalised number plate on the car, as I believe there are quite a few QQ's with a "KN" start to the reg number being shipped about for sale, and they all appear to be ex rental cars.

Anyway, let's hope they continue to behave and that we continue to enjoy the cars, if not the dealership experience.

Cheers
Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Bros

Post by Bros »

DaveBerlin wrote:Bros, nice to hear an Owners Positive comments on a 2nd Hand, ex Rental QQ. I hope you continue to enjoy the QQ Experience - Dave :)
Cheers Dave
Bros

Post by Bros »

daddydoug wrote:Hi Bros

I too bought a nearly new QQ in June of this year, was told it was a Nissan owned management car, but then when the V5 turned up it showed it was a Hertz rental car. I was well miffed too as probably would never have bought an ex rental car if I had known. However saying that I am over the moon with the car and having just covered 2000 miles whilst on holiday, must say it didn't miss a beat and performed well. I was even pleased with Sally Satnav, as we have named her, as she found everything I was looking for, and some of the places were a bit isolated. I bet the poor ex rentals cars have never seen a bucket and sponge, but just shoved through some grotty car wash machine every week or so, but having spent some time giving it a good hand wash it has come up really well.

I too had to laugh at their so called "pre delivery inspection" as mine was missing its aerial when I picked it up, which I spotted as soon as I arrived at the garage.

Does your reg number begin "KN," as mine did, although I now have my personalised number plate on the car, as I believe there are quite a few QQ's with a "KN" start to the reg number being shipped about for sale, and they all appear to be ex rental cars.

Anyway, let's hope they continue to behave and that we continue to enjoy the cars, if not the dealership experience.

Cheers
Doug
Bang on Doug KN is my reg too.
Where did you buy from?

Cheers
Bobby
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Ha ha, the "KN" strikes again! I bought mine from SLM Nissan which is in East Sussex. Where did you get yours from? It would be interesting to see how many other people on here have bought ex rentals recently that are "KN's."

Did yours have black alloy rim protectors fitted when you bought it too? Mine did although one was missing. They did fit one, after some cock and bull story about how hard they were to get! Still they made such a bad job of fitting it, that when I got home I ripped them all off and fitted silver rimblades which blend in so much better with the alloys.

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Bros

Post by Bros »

daddydoug wrote:Ha ha, the "KN" strikes again! I bought mine from SLM Nissan which is in East Sussex. Where did you get yours from? It would be interesting to see how many other people on here have bought ex rentals recently that are "KN's."

Did yours have black alloy rim protectors fitted when you bought it too? Mine did although one was missing. They did fit one, after some cock and bull story about how hard they were to get! Still they made such a bad job of fitting it, that when I got home I ripped them all off and fitted silver rimblades which blend in so much better with the alloys.

Doug
Bought from Infiniti in Newcastle.
Yes my one had the black rubber alloy protectors, wife kerb near side wheels so both got ripped.
Found them very difficult to remove and that was 2 of us with pliers.
Car is due for a service so I will get them to remove the other 2.
Car is due for a service 1st Oct and they have emailed me, phoned me, and even sent a letter re service and that was a couple of weeks ago lol I told them it ain't due till Oct lol
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Gosh, seems like the "KN's" are at opposite ends of the country then!

Yes, the protectors were a bit tricky to get off, apart from the one my dealership fitted! I found it easier to deflate the tyres, then as you say rip them off using a pair of pliers.

Our cars must share the same birthday, as mine was registered 1 October 2015 too. However, unlike your dealership, I have heard nothing from mine about booking it in for it's first service. The sales guy told me it would be a complimentary service as it wasn't serviced when I picked it up, but unfortunately I didn't get that in writing from him, so should be fun when I ring up to book it in, as I bet they will now try and wriggle out of it.
StewartP
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by StewartP »

Similar story here, " ex Nissan " car which turned out to be ex Hertz, with the identical missing aerial issue. Try checking in the spare wheel well,you might well find the aerial there,that's where mines was hiding albeit I only found it a few weeks later by which time the dealer had supplied a replacement anyway.
The comments on the rim protectors explains the situation with mine,thanks, all clear now.

( Should add I'm not one of the KN's rather a KW on a 64 )
(2022) 2022 J12 E-Power Tekna
(2018) 2017 J11b 1.6dci Tekna X-tronic
(2015) 2015 1.5dci Tekna-non panoramic roof
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Interesting posts folks...I fear I've fallen for the ex Nissan management gag...possibly twice. First with my X Trail that turned out to be ex Hertz...and probably now with my QQ. Lost all confidence in the car(s), dealer & Nissan in general TBH. Just returned the X Trail for the QQ (taking a loss of about £3k (in just 4 months & 3k miles) in the process !) but ended up with a car on pretty ragged tyres, with a badly damaged alloy & a questionable service history, and like you, wonder egg kind of checks if got before passed onto me ! Now also worried that it's also had a rear end repair due to serious a paint mismatch between bumper & rear wings (or is it just a painted metal v plastic thing ?) Love my cars, but seriously disillusioned with the whole car ownership experience right now !
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.