Picked up QQ last night - couple of questions

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Oh what a surprise! I've just phoned my Nissan dealer to book my QQ in for its first service (due on 1 October). When I said the service will be complimentary as the car wasn't serviced when I collected it in June, they are now telling me it was serviced before I collected it! Funny that, as there is no stamp in the service handbook, the oil that I regularly check has is certainly not new, and the sales guy told me when I collected the car, again, that the first service would be complimentary.

Now waiting for the sales rep I dealt with to phone me back! I have never encountered such a shambolic dealership as Nissan, or certainly this one, just one thing after another. Love the car, hate the dealership experience.

WATCH THIS SPACE!

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)

Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

We certainly deserve better given the money we've spent Doug.

I spent last night on Autotrader again...having sent the dealer another email on Monday listing the items they need to confirm that they will deal with when it is in next week...and I haven't heard a peep since.

It absolutely sucks!
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.
Bros

Post by Bros »

daddydoug wrote:Oh what a surprise! I've just phoned my Nissan dealer to book my QQ in for its first service (due on 1 October). When I said the service will be complimentary as the car wasn't serviced when I collected it in June, they are now telling me it was serviced before I collected it! Funny that, as there is no stamp in the service handbook, the oil that I regularly check has is certainly not new, and the sales guy told me when I collected the car, again, that the first service would be complimentary.

Now waiting for the sales rep I dealt with to phone me back! I have never encountered such a shambolic dealership as Nissan, or certainly this one, just one thing after another. Love the car, hate the dealership experience.

WATCH THIS SPACE!

Doug
Doug they are lying toe rags, no way that car has been serviced.
I asked about mines and was told "we don't service cars at 8/9month old" we only carry out extensive check prior to sale lol, believe that if you will.
Like you I love the motor.............as for the rest, well we will see.

.dig yer heels in regards the service.

Cheers
Bobby
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I can fully understand that when QQ Owners New or Second Hand have problems within their Nissan New or Secondhand Guarantee these problems should be sorted ASAP. But the question is ar'nt the Dealerships Franchises under the Nissan Wing ?. This I believe has been mentioned before but yes these Dealers have your money and you should expect some kind of Service / Guarantee in return. OK Nissan should have their Hand over these Dealers and listen more to the criticisms and start Kicking Butts to achieve a better Service, but IMHO it is the Dealers Attitude that is letting Nissan down, although NCS could do more to improve the Nissan Image - Dave ;)
Ps : we have now had 4 Nissan's from our local Dealer (NCS) and never been turned down for any problems that have arisen, perhaps we have been lucky.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Grrrrrrrrrr. No phone call today regarding the service matter, so I have e-mailed the big boss of the SLM group to vent my annoyance. I'm more annoyed about the fact that nobody phoned me back than the service matter. I hate it when someone promises to phone back and then they don't. Customer service at my Nissan dealership stinks. Just hope the big boss sorts it PDQ!

Doug (Annoyed of the South coast!) :evil:
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Me again.

Thought I would keep you guys updated. Well lo and behold the big boss of SLM Nissan telephoned me first thing this morning. He insists the car was serviced prior to me collecting it, and that it is company policy for any Nissan that is within 5 months of a service when being sold, to be serviced prior to delivery to the customer so that they can "enjoy happy worry free motoring," his words, not mine! I told him that maybe he should tell his sales reps the company policy, because at least two of them at the garage told me different!

As for the oil being black so soon after a service. Apparently as it is a diesel the oil goes black very shortly after a service. Er, utter crap. I previously owned a 2 litre diesel Astra, and it took a lot longer for the oil to turn a darker shade!

Anyway, he was very apologetic and agreed to have the car serviced again at no cost, which as he offered this so freely, makes me still sure the car was not serviced before delivery to me. He even offered to collect it himself and deliver it back to me at the end of the day! He is also having a meeting on Monday with the sales rep whom I dealt with, and the sales manager to make sure they know the correct policies!

So hopefully a result. Car booked in for 4 October! Dare I say WATCH THIS SPACE again? Once this is sorted I will use a different Nissan dealer to this one. Maybe a bit further to travel for a service, but my wife owns a new i10 which she got from this particular dealer franchise, and they do seem a lot better (hope I don't eat my words next year)!

Thanks for listening, this is a great forum site, and it is good to know I am not the only one with dealership issues.

Cheers Doug
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

daddydoug wrote:Me again.
As for the oil being black so soon after a service. Apparently as it is a diesel the oil goes black very shortly after a service. Er, utter crap. I previously owned a 2 litre diesel Astra, and it took a lot longer for the oil to turn a darker shade!
Cheers Doug
Most of the Deisel motors I have owned and subsequently had oil changes, made the oil go black in no time at all. But to my utter suprise, regulary checking the oil on my new QQ, it took many weeks if not months, for the oil to change colour. I can only put this down to very tight tollerances in manufacture (its a good thing). So I have to concure, it is highly unlikly they changed the oil prior to you receiving the motor.

Anyone else had the same experiance to me?
Bros

Post by Bros »

Good to hear you are getting somewhere at last Doug.

Cheers
Bobby
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2
sc0rpion

Post by sc0rpion »

VE, VA, VN, VK reg vehicles are ex Nissan employee lease scheme vehicles. These vehicles are normally serviced whether by ourselves prior the return date or by Nissan depends what comes first (mileage or age). They also charge us for any tiny damage, scuff or dint and always telling us this needs painting, thas will need replacing etc. which obviously they dont. Looks like they don't even replacing tires but will charge us as well if thread falls below 2.5mm (measurement taken on the side of the tire, not in the middle).
Last edited by sc0rpion on Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Interesting to hear sc0rpion. Sounds like they like to have their cake & eat it.
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.