Picked up QQ last night - couple of questions

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Use this as a benchmark:
http://www.asdatyres.co.uk/225-45-19
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Well we are making some progress. After some heated discussions & considerable email dialogue my front tyres are to be replaced, albeit it does feel somewhat grudgingly & is being stated as a 'gesture of goodwill', as 3mm is the acceptable minimum on a Cared 4 car apparently. I've searched high & low & can't find anything that confirms that. Regardless of that, one is less than 3mm anyway, despite going through those stringent checks at the Nissan reconditioning centre & the dealer.

The alloy is to be replaced or refurbished...I've now been told both. I've also asked for the roof rail end caps to be checked as at least one appears to be 'pitted', it's quite an usual looking damage. I'm aware of the discolouration issues, but I'm not sure it's that.

They are also going to have a look at the paintwork, although I did manage to lightly polish out what appeared to be fairly sizeable buffing machine damage in the NSF wing (~12 x 6 inches) & a few other small ones. A paint stick will hopefully sort the rest.

As regards the warranty & dates discrepancy, I've been sent an email from the Franchise Director to confirm its still valid, and suggesting I don't need to service the car until next July, but I think I'll try to realign with the anniversary of the reg date & thus get my last service & first MOT carried out before the warranty expires (assuming I have it until then).

It does still feel like I've been totally shafted on the finances front, but I'm just going to have to swallow that & try to move on. That was made even harder when it was highlighted by someone else that my returned car is up for sale at more than I paid for it & that's 4 months on, with another 3k on it and an extra owner.

This whole episode has left me feeling totally drained, very very wary of Nissan, the dealer & their workmanship/integrity and I will never ever buy another used car this way (will only buy something I can physically see & drive). It's a shame, as the QQ seems a nice enough car & certainly performs that wee bit better than the X Trail with the same 1.6 engine, but my ownership experience will almost certainly always be tainted by this initial experience.

Thankfully it seems I have plenty good guys here to try & keep me sane !
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi mate

Glad you are getting somewhere with sorting your car out. It does seem an uphill struggle with Nissan. My tyre issue was similar to yours, they kept saying that 3mm was okay for a car to be sent out with, but as I wrote before, my trump card was when I grabbed a Nissan mechanic as I pulled into the Nissan car park, asked him if he thought they need replacing, and when he said those magic words "yes," I was straight in there. I do worry that after I left the poor mechanic got a right bollocking by the manager, but it was just not on that they were haggling over the tyres. Have you told you what tyres they are going to replace them with? They tried to fob me off with some crap tyres I had never heard of, but I insisted on Continentals to match the rear tyres.

My next challenge is the first service is due on 1 October and I was told when I bought the car it would be a complimentary service. I know they will probably deny all knowledge of saying such a thing, and I should have got something in writing knowing what they are like, but "watch this space!"

Keep us posted how it all goes. "Happy motoring!"

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Bros

Post by Bros »

Teknaman wrote:Well we are making some progress. After some heated discussions & considerable email dialogue my front tyres are to be replaced, albeit it does feel somewhat grudgingly & is being stated as a 'gesture of goodwill', as 3mm is the acceptable minimum on a Cared 4 car apparently. I've searched high & low & can't find anything that confirms that. Regardless of that, one is less than 3mm anyway, despite going through those stringent checks at the Nissan reconditioning centre & the dealer.

The alloy is to be replaced or refurbished...I've now been told both. I've also asked for the roof rail end caps to be checked as at least one appears to be 'pitted', it's quite an usual looking damage. I'm aware of the discolouration issues, but I'm not sure it's that.

They are also going to have a look at the paintwork, although I did manage to lightly polish out what appeared to be fairly sizeable buffing machine damage in the NSF wing (~12 x 6 inches) & a few other small ones. A paint stick will hopefully sort the rest.

As regards the warranty & dates discrepancy, I've been sent an email from the Franchise Director to confirm its still valid, and suggesting I don't need to service the car until next July, but I think I'll try to realign with the anniversary of the reg date & thus get my last service & first MOT carried out before the warranty expires (assuming I have it until then).

It does still feel like I've been totally shafted on the finances front, but I'm just going to have to swallow that & try to move on. That was made even harder when it was highlighted by someone else that my returned car is up for sale at more than I paid for it & that's 4 months on, with another 3k on it and an extra owner.

This whole episode has left me feeling totally drained, very very wary of Nissan, the dealer & their workmanship/integrity and I will never ever buy another used car this way (will only buy something I can physically see & drive). It's a shame, as the QQ seems a nice enough car & certainly performs that wee bit better than the X Trail with the same 1.6 engine, but my ownership experience will almost certainly always be tainted by this initial experience.

Thankfully it seems I have plenty good guys here to try & keep me sane !
Good for you mate I admire your perseverance.
It just such a pity the way you been treated, in my eyes it is certainly unacceptable.
I am very pleased the main issues are being attended to and hope you get a chance to enjoy which is a lovely car.
The money issue was a sore one to take and like you would leave a very bitter taste in my mouth that said, we all lose money on all of our cars sooner or later.
Personally I Would look up the CEO and detail him your experience from start to finish in a addressed letter.
When I was unhappy with my sale I threaten to write him a letter and suddenly I got better service.
It is part of vertu group and his name is easily found, I was going also quote their mission statement which mentions honesty etc, can't remember word for word.

Good luck
Bobby
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2
Jerry1

Post by Jerry1 »

Noticed the 'VK' plate mention in this topic.
Mine's also a VK plate - it was previously owned by Nissan Motor GB Limited.
I picked it up a month before it's 1st Birthday with 6036 miles.
2015 Tekna 1.6dCi in Pearl Black (plus Brink/Thule detachable towbar)
Bros

Post by Bros »

Jerry1 wrote:Noticed the 'VK' plate mention in this topic.
good luck with your new motor
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

daddydoug wrote:Hi mate

Glad you are getting somewhere with sorting your car out. It does seem an uphill struggle with Nissan. My tyre issue was similar to yours, they kept saying that 3mm was okay for a car to be sent out with, but as I wrote before, my trump card was when I grabbed a Nissan mechanic as I pulled into the Nissan car park, asked him if he thought they need replacing, and when he said those magic words "yes," I was straight in there. I do worry that after I left the poor mechanic got a right bollocking by the manager, but it was just not on that they were haggling over the tyres. Have you told you what tyres they are going to replace them with? They tried to fob me off with some crap tyres I had never heard of, but I insisted on Continentals to match the rear tyres.

My next challenge is the first service is due on 1 October and I was told when I bought the car it would be a complimentary service. I know they will probably deny all knowledge of saying such a thing, and I should have got something in writing knowing what they are like, but "watch this space!"

Keep us posted how it all goes. "Happy motoring!"

Doug
Cheers for that Doug, I had that discussion with the salesman on the phone - insisted on it being Conti's & he confirmed that would be the case. I've since followed that up with an email stating they are to be 'like for like'.

Good luck with the service challenge !
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

[/quote]

Good for you mate I admire your perseverance.
It just such a pity the way you been treated, in my eyes it is certainly unacceptable.
I am very pleased the main issues are being attended to and hope you get a chance to enjoy which is a lovely car.
The money issue was a sore one to take and like you would leave a very bitter taste in my mouth that said, we all lose money on all of our cars sooner or later.
Personally I Would look up the CEO and detail him your experience from start to finish in a addressed letter.
When I was unhappy with my sale I threaten to write him a letter and suddenly I got better service.
It is part of vertu group and his name is easily found, I was going also quote their mission statement which mentions honesty etc, can't remember word for word.

Good luck
Bobby[/quote]

Cheers for that Bobby. It's become a matter of principle. I am happy to pay good money (& also lose money over time) for a decent car & good service, but in this case I feel like I've had neither. My view of both the dealer & Nissan has been well & truly tarnished. I'm really not sure how long we will have the QQ for, but I have a dealer specific service plan so will likely persevere with it/them for a while.

I'll bear your CEO suggestion in mind, but don't really want to rock the 'relationship' further before I get the tyres etc sorted.
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Jerry1 wrote:Noticed the 'VK' plate mention in this topic.
Thanks Jerry1, you give me a little hope that it doesn't turn out to be an ex rental.

Although the dealers insistence that they had no V5 to handover & couldnt (or wouldn't!) even provide the V5 number or date so I could fully complete an HPI check, leaves me fearing the worst....fingers crossed though!
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

This is another reason why I've decided never to buy second hand again

My current deal is £285/month over 24 months for 12,500 miles per annum. I know I'm wasting 7k, but that's what I'd typially lose in buying a 12 month old car over the same time period anyway

With all of the new technology in cars these days there's a lot more to go wrong - a faulty tyre pressure monitor will cause an MOT fail, let alone DPF and EGR valve problems on diesels.

In 11 months I'll be looking to see what's the best offer out there - from the last 12 months, it won't be another Qashqai