Service stamp

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Atilas

Post by Atilas »

Hello,
I have a strange question...

One month ago I did my first service on QQ in Hungary (and I got the invoice ) and after that I had problems with my parking sensors so I bring the car to another Nissan service in Austria (because I live in Vienna).
My German is not so good,and at the service they didn't speak very good English.

When the guy asked me on German do I want to do the 1 service again I told him on German that I already did it.

He than give me than a paper on German to sign. In the first line was writing "Service herstellerrichtlinien" -which means manufacturer service.

After this the Austrian service guy made again the first service plus he fixed the parking sensors and he wants to charge me 400 eur for the first service.

He said that there was no stamp in the service book from Hungarian first service and he also claims that I told him that I want to do the first service.

Than I called the Hungarian service and asked them why they didn't put the stamp,and the owner of the company told me that probably his guys didn't find the service book in the car (its not true, its in the glow department. I think they total forgot it) and that is why the stamp is missing.

After that I called the Nissan helpline and they were trying to imply that it was my mistake that I didn't check in the service book if the stamp was there or not.

Now, my question is whose responsibility is to put the stamp in the service book and what should I do about this?

thx
NISSAN Qashqai 1,6 dCi N-tec, X-tronic

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Atilas, that is extremely bad luck and being charged twice for the same service in two different countries. What our Dealer does is that he asks for the Service Book and Keys when you check the QQ in and also I sign a paper for the service which includes any Guarantee work. When I pay the Bill the Service Points are explained and I always check that the two stamps have been included : Service & Paint / Bodywork for Guarantee reasons. So I suppose the Garage should be responsible to p stamp the book but you should also check for it. I very much doubt you will get your money back dealing with Nissan Dealers in two countries, you can chase them though or NCS, but it is most probably an easy error which could be called learning for the future - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Im going with this answer from "DaveBerlin", you really should have checked your service book, also when signing for something in another language you know what it says. 400 euro sounds very expensive, but that may be because of where u live.

I think you've had a hard lesson that I hope many of us have put into our memories of what not to do :(
DaveBerlin wrote:Atilas, that is extremely bad luck and being charged twice for the same service in two different countries. What our Dealer does is that he asks for the Service Book and Keys when you check the QQ in and also I sign a paper for the service which includes any Guarantee work. When I pay the Bill the Service Points are explained and I always check that the two stamps have been included : Service & Paint / Bodywork for Guarantee reasons. So I suppose the Garage should be responsible to p stamp the book but you should also check for it. I very much doubt you will get your money back dealing with Nissan Dealers in two countries, you can chase them though or NCS, but it is most probably an easy error which could be called learning for the future - Dave ;)
Atilas

Post by Atilas »

How much does the first service cost in your country?

In Austria it is 370 eur and in Hungary it was 150eur.
NISSAN Qashqai 1,6 dCi N-tec, X-tronic
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Can you look at your local Nissan www as we can in UK, and find BOOK A SERVICE link.
That then lists costs.
DaveB can advise German cost, which should be similar to Austria I'd have thought?

See also:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4264&p=39592&hilit ... ost#p39592
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Atilas, we decided upfront to do a Oil / Filter Change before the 1st Service just be be safe with any bits floating around in the engine department. So this was done and then the 1st Service was carried out but the Oil / Filter was not changed again. As Gel has mentioned you should be able to find your local country Nissan costs on the website or just call a Nissan Dealer to confirm.
Here is another post "J11Servicing Intervals" with our costs in but it needs reading - Dave :)

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3022&hilit=1st+Service&start=10
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken