Love Affair Over.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

Well after just over two years I have finally had enough. Got to say goodbye to the Tekna.
I think its a good car but I made the major mistake in buying a Diesel engine.
My Financial Controller, SWMBO, advised me not to purchase the diesel engine but I think I was swayed by the Sales rep that said, just by toddling around town I would achieve 55 mpg.
Been back to the dealer on several occasions with regard to mpg, (no sign of the sales rep, got rid of him) and they had said that the reason I can only achieve 35mpg on a long run, it engine to tight , has to be run in, only done 10000 miles and numerous other excuses.
Don't forget this my first diesel car in about 30 years.
So now just waiting for Kuga Titanium X Sport, 4X4 Automatic, Petrol to arrive.
Yes I know people what will say, gas guzzler, but why not as I have been guzzling diesel for over two years now and the diesel fumes I think are more harmful and also the sound of the diesel engine was becoming a lot louder then expected in the last few months.
I did check the Kia Niro out but its a lot smaller than the QQ which was a pity as warranty on that is pretty good.
So now down to the wait.
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt

Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Sorry to hear your office. Shame about the experience. I have always never considered diesel as my maximum mileage per annum ranges over the years on average of 8,000.
Hopefully the Kuga is good, my Friend has a Titanium recently with a lot of bells and whistles and is very pleased.
Good luck
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

35mpg on a long run is ridiculous. My 1.6dCi averages 50 in everyday use and will nudge 60 on a long run. And it's an auto. Something not right there and Nissan has let you down sorting it out. Hope you enjoy the Kuga, they are nice looking cars.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Call me nosy, but why on earth would anyone want a 4x4 for "toddling around town"? Consider a smart car or the like if you dont need to much room / seats. We can get 5 shopping bags in the back of ours :)

Toffeeggs wrote:Well after just over two years I have finally had enough. Got to say goodbye to the Tekna.
I think its a good car but I made the major mistake in buying a Diesel engine.
My Financial Controller, SWMBO, advised me not to purchase the diesel engine but I think I was swayed by the Sales rep that said, just by toddling around town I would achieve 55 mpg.
Been back to the dealer on several occasions with regard to mpg, (no sign of the sales rep, got rid of him) and they had said that the reason I can only achieve 35mpg on a long run, it engine to tight , has to be run in, only done 10000 miles and numerous other excuses.
Don't forget this my first diesel car in about 30 years.
So now just waiting for Kuga Titanium X Sport, 4X4 Automatic, Petrol to arrive.
Yes I know people what will say, gas guzzler, but why not as I have been guzzling diesel for over two years now and the diesel fumes I think are more harmful and also the sound of the diesel engine was becoming a lot louder then expected in the last few months.
I did check the Kia Niro out but its a lot smaller than the QQ which was a pity as warranty on that is pretty good.
So now down to the wait.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I too have the 1.5dci and get 50 to 55mpg on short town runs and anywhere from 65 to a little over 75 on motorways.
Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

Hi Daewar
I suppose you are right in advising me to get a Smart car to toddle about town to carry four or five bags of shopping. But here we have one small problem. I also have to carry a modified wheelchair for her indoors. What with the 5 bags of shopping and wheelchair the Smart car is a bit of a squeeze.
Also we have to take a trip to Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge about three times a month. that's a round trip of about 110 miles three times a month.
So now I hope you can see why I'm not too happy with regard to mpg.
You say why on earth do I require a 4X4, well the wife likes to get out and the bigger car suits her and also she just likes getting out of the wheelchair and ride in comfort instead of being cramped up in say a Smart car.
So now I hope you can see my reasoning and also I suppose if she is happy then it makes my life a lot happier.
Regards
Toffeeggs
TheSavage

Post by TheSavage »

I have the 1.6 DCI Auto, never drops below 45 mpg and that's a mix of short and long journeys, a big journey alone, you can get 60 mpg. As previous post said, something really not right with that particular car! What a shame! Good luck with the next one..
Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

I just hope the next owner can get it sorted as I have given up all hope, that's why trade in.
Cheers The Savage
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I'm sure you realise you can pop in and say hello and tell us how you're getting on with the Ford. We won't turn our backs on you, especially if you bring doughnuts. :D
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Hi Toffeeggs,

I did not want to offend you, just offering an oppinion. You did not put your reasons for the 4x4, although I can understand why you may not have wished to go into the detail.

There are many big cars out there that are not 4x4. In fact I belive most of the QQs are only 2wd and most manufacturers tend to be making 2wd & 4wd varients of a crossover, suv etc. The 4x4 system uses more fuel & has more components to go wrong, I think most people would recomend a 2wd car unless 4x4 is necessary.

May your next car be a good one & not the lemon Nissan suppied you.
Toffeeggs wrote:Hi Daewar
I suppose you are right in advising me to get a Smart car to toddle about town to carry four or five bags of shopping. But here we have one small problem. I also have to carry a modified wheelchair for her indoors. What with the 5 bags of shopping and wheelchair the Smart car is a bit of a squeeze.
Also we have to take a trip to Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge about three times a month. that's a round trip of about 110 miles three times a month.
So now I hope you can see why I'm not too happy with regard to mpg.
You say why on earth do I require a 4X4, well the wife likes to get out and the bigger car suits her and also she just likes getting out of the wheelchair and ride in comfort instead of being cramped up in say a Smart car.
So now I hope you can see my reasoning and also I suppose if she is happy then it makes my life a lot happier.
Regards
Toffeeggs