Rubber protector alloy seals

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi

Bros, if your alloy wheel protectors are the same that were fitted to my Qashqai when I picked it up, they are not Rimblades. You will find that they are tucked between the tyre and alloy wheel rim. When I first started to take them off it was extremely difficult, but in the end it was a lot easier to deflate the tyre, carefully grab the rubber protectors with a pair of pliers and pull, they then came off without any trouble.

My silver rimblades are actually genuine rimblades (watch out for inferior products). I got mine from e-bay and they cost me £28.97. This is the item number which should take you straight to the product (262415005942 ). I was a bit dubious as had read the auto express review, and they had poor comments on Halfords website. However I have had these on now for some 2000 miles, and scuffed a kerb, and they are as good as new and not coming off in any way shape or form. I think the most important thing is to make sure you fit them properly and clean the alloy properly. The actual rimblade website has a video of how to fit them, and this can also be found on youtube. I would guess a lot of people rush the job and also don't allow enough time for the rimblades to adhere properly which is why they come off easily. After fitting mine, I did not use the car for three days (nicked the wife's), then for a couple of days only drove at speeds up to 30 mph. Since then I have done a lot of motorway driving and as I say they are fine. I would recommend them, and the silver ones blend in with the alloys well. However at the end of the day the decision is yours. Good luck!
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)

Bros

Post by Bros »

daddydoug wrote:Hi

Bros, if your alloy wheel protectors are the same that were fitted to my Qashqai when I picked it up, they are not Rimblades. You will find that they are tucked between the tyre and alloy wheel rim. When I first started to take them off it was extremely difficult, but in the end it was a lot easier to deflate the tyre, carefully grab the rubber protectors with a pair of pliers and pull, they then came off without any trouble.

My silver rimblades are actually genuine rimblades (watch out for inferior products). I got mine from e-bay and they cost me £28.97. This is the item number which should take you straight to the product (262415005942 ). I was a bit dubious as had read the auto express review, and they had poor comments on Halfords website. However I have had these on now for some 2000 miles, and scuffed a kerb, and they are as good as new and not coming off in any way shape or form. I think the most important thing is to make sure you fit them properly and clean the alloy properly. The actual rimblade website has a video of how to fit them, and this can also be found on youtube. I would guess a lot of people rush the job and also don't allow enough time for the rimblades to adhere properly which is why they come off easily. After fitting mine, I did not use the car for three days (nicked the wife's), then for a couple of days only drove at speeds up to 30 mph. Since then I have done a lot of motorway driving and as I say they are fine. I would recommend them, and the silver ones blend in with the alloys well. However at the end of the day the decision is yours. Good luck!
Thanks for that info daddydoug.

I have just removed 2 of them, lots of huffing and puffing I can tell you, wheel looks better already lol.
I will check out the one's you mention and maybe get someone to fit them.
Cheers
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Bros

Post by Bros »

Gel wrote:I fitted these:
https://youtu.be/YhzCWxoL_YU
Cheers Gel :)
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2