Rear door window seal fixings

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

If you get no joy, do post here; I'll then PM you with a number for the Director's Office at Maple Cross.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

Post by alter »

Hi. Got the same problem here in Norway, on rear left door first, second time on the rear right one . Metioned it to the dealer during a software update recall and then during the first service.
Both times it was fixed without any hesitation under guarantee. One year now and they are perfectly tight. They just said come back anytime if they get loose again, we fix them right away during the 5 years guarantee period the car comes with.
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 4x4 gunmetal
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

alter, you made me check this morning regarding the QQ Guarantee. You stated you have a 5 Year Guarantee do you have an extended one as our's only states 3 years or is this a Nissan Special for Norway ? - Thanks Dave ;)

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
pdc78

Post by pdc78 »

Dear Everyone. Thanks for your support and offers of help. After involving the dealer principal I have finally received a message that Nissan will supply and fit a new clip under warranty. I am awaiting a call to say that I can drive by and they'll fit it while I wait. I am left with the feeling that this weather strip has not been engineered well and that it should have a double sides adhesive strip as well as stronger plastic clips. Such a simple thing to improve with no significant cost impact. Thanks again, Paul