Rear door window seal fixings

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
pdc78

Post by pdc78 »

Hi everyone
I am a new member having just bought a QQ 1.2 Techna with which in general I am very pleased. However after just 4 weeks (and probably the first time using the rear seats in earnest) I noticed that the short strip of rubber seal which is at the window level rear end of the rear door is loose at the bottom because the lower of the 4 fixing clips (push in stud I imagine) is missing. I am getting nowhere with the Nissan dealer who is refusing to accept it as a warranty claim and wants me to buy a whole window seal kit (new rubber and 4 clips/studs) and charge me 1/2 hour labour to fit it! Not impressed.

Has anyone else seen this defect? Does anyone know who I can speak to at Nissan HQ? Alternatively does anyone know where I can get a replacement stud (black plastic 8mm mushroom head approx 3.5mm hole in painted door, probably 8mm long with some kind of barb or fir tree)? It must cost all of 2p.

Thanks Paul

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. It's not the first time someone has complained about the security of the strips on the doors.

I suggest contacting Nissan Customer Services and tell them about the "help" you have had from your dealer.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Dealer can easily fix; can only cost a few coppers each. Had few replaced by my dealer. Did you buy new?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
pdc78

Post by pdc78 »

Yes, bought new. Dealer says that complete weather strip plus 4 plastic studs has to be bought. I'm on to Nissan customer service. Thanks.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

pdc78 - No Way should you pay for this "Kit", cheapest method is a Stud !. This is a known problem and we had ours repaired "FOC" by our Dealer. As mentioned if you get nowhere I would also recommend getting in touch with NCS over your Dealers Action. Normally the Dealer can make a claim through NCS if he has the Interest, but again do not forget he has your money and should provide you a service, perhaps you need to get loud sometimes this works.
If you get nowhere there is always the method of sticking them with solvent or 3M Double Sided Tape providing you can get another push in stud, but on a new QQ "Guarantee " - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Name & shame that dealer :)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
pdc78

Post by pdc78 »

Hi Gel
I just want the car fixed. Everyone's comments and suggestions have been really helpful. I'm reluctant to name the dealer yet because in every other respect they have been good. Fingers crossed I get it sorted, if not you'll all get to know who they are. Thanks.
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

My rear door seal kept coming off in one place and the whole seal was replaced under warranty at the first service. Seems to have been a similar problem
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Checked with our Dealer today and this defect should be corrected under Guarantee - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
pdc78

Post by pdc78 »

Thanks Dave. I have an outstanding query with NCS, and I also contacted the Dealer Principal who is looking into it. I'll come back to you for a dealer reference if I get no where. Thanks again for your support. Paul