Reversing Wing Mirror

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Anyone seen this before?

So i leave my car at work with the doors unlocked & keys inside for 8hrs. Its very secure, so no worries there. Anyways I walk up to the car thinking my keys are in my backpack and press the access button on the door handle. Here is the result.

20160720_164507.jpg

20160720_164523.jpg

The wing mirror opened itself making it flip forwards, this did not affect the near side mirror.

I got inside & presses the retract button once, it went into the usual open position, pressed the retract button again & got a clunk & it reseated itself

Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Spooky !
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Cool, double-jointed mirrors.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
mavrik64

Post by mavrik64 »

Does look funny. But i'd take it back to dealer and show them. Also keep a detailed note of anything that goes wrong with the car with days times etc. (you may need it later, i hope not though..)
I owe, I owe = so it's of to work i go
2014 Tekna 4x4 Black.
sporttourer

Post by sporttourer »

Were the mirrors left unfolded when you left the car? If so someone probably knocked one as they brushed past the car forcing it just past its natural position. Then when you tried to unlock the already unlocked car the motors to unfold the mirror did just that, but because the mirror had been jolted and was already "open" and past its proper place it carried on.
This has happened to me before with another car ( Citroen C4 Picasso) as I knocked mirror when washing car and didnt realise.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Hi Sport,

Yes the mirrors were in the normal driving configuration, unfolded. The mirror did appear to be in the correct position when I started to try to unlock the car but as you say, it may have been possible someone bumped it a little that I did not see or notice. The thing is that the front nearside mirror did not move, so I guess your idea would only work if the mirror has a position sensor.
sporttourer wrote:Were the mirrors left unfolded when you left the car? If so someone probably knocked one as they brushed past the car forcing it just past its natural position. Then when you tried to unlock the already unlocked car the motors to unfold the mirror did just that, but because the mirror had been jolted and was already "open" and past its proper place it carried on.
This has happened to me before with another car ( Citroen C4 Picasso) as I knocked mirror when washing car and didnt realise.
Bigmen

Post by Bigmen »

I have QQ Visia 2013 1.5dci.
Anyone know how to adjust the side mirrors ?
I can't find any button to operate them .
Also I want to know if they are electrically heated .
I'm a P plate, pass my driving licence in July 2016. don't know much about cars .
Thank you!