Buzzing sound brand new 1.2 dig-t petrol

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
neil8471

Post by neil8471 »

Hi there

I have already posted on here about this buzzing sound on my 16 plate 1.2 dig-t petrol. It comes from the back of the car and apparently I have been told it is the fuel pump. One owner has already responded and said they felt like they had a lawnmower in the back. Well the buzzing in mine is worse now it is so loud? The garage has said it was normal sound of the fuel pump. Has anyone else with a 1.2 petrol experienced this buzzing sound at all? I was surprised by the lack of response? I think my next step is to go to another Nissan garage and have a test drive of the same car and see if the noise is there. Can anyone expand on this please? I would not expect a brand new car of this quality to make this kind of sound with advanced technology etc. Help please.

rjjames

Post by rjjames »

I have the same 1.2 dig-t petrol tekna and have never heard any sound from the back at all. The only sound I get is a clicking on the brakes when moving forward or backwards slowly and then braking, oh and the mpg is rubbish!!
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

I have a petrol model , and have no noise.

How much fuel in the tank ?
The pump is mounted in the tank and maybe isnt seated correctly and making contact with the tank itself which could amplify the noise of the pump
Is the noise there all the time , or after a while.
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey
DD41

Post by DD41 »

I have the 1.2 Digt cvt petrol Teckna sorry no noise from the back of mine.As for the mpg I forgive it cuz it's such lovely motor.
19 plate X Trail 1.3 DIG-T DCT Tekna Gun metal grey + led kick plates + footwell lights + Chrome lower boot finsher
16plate 1.2 DigtT cvt Tekna ink blue pan roof chome pack/ protection pack / chrome sill protectors / Nissan mud flaps/Spare wheel
stephen160

Post by stephen160 »

no noise on mine , in fact the noise level is so low i have to check the engine is running ( did have a 1.6d CVT prior to this car) Average about 35mpg around town
steve
First ever Nissan and have ordered a Qashqui Tekna iCVT in Blue. www.bookmyvilla.com owner
vyper1

Post by vyper1 »

I've had mine for nearly 2yrs and it's never made any noises from rear other than electronic brake engaging. Even if I run tank on reserves still no noise. I'd say take it back and get it investigated seeing as others don't have same issue and you really shouldn't be hearing any buzzing.
New: 2017 1.6T Tekna same as below but Pearl Black, Hood Deflector, Sill Protectors
Old: 2015 1.2T Tekna, Gun Metallic, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Front Lip finisher, Rear Glass Finisher, Trunk Lower Finisher, Door Sill Strips, Mirror Trims, Mud Flaps.