Petrol consumption on qashqai

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Showoffqashqaiguy

Post by Showoffqashqaiguy »

Well I'v got a 1.2 unleaded petrol 2016 nissan qashqai. I find £50 roughly fills it up..but oddly I get 350 miles to that..if i drive 80-90 on the motorway and 30-50 around town i find the miles go down fast. whilst i've noticed driving at 20-30 constantly and 70 constant on the motorway seems to keep the petrol clock going up giving me more miles..is it normal this or is it just me? Its the first car ive seen do this..I actually was doing 50 the other day for ages as it was a 50 zone on the motorway and I think the mileage went up like +30 miles to empty.
Oddly I also noticed the car loves Morrisons Unleaded which on full it'll quote 430 miles till empty on..any other petrol 350..normal?
Out of interest..as this is a new car how often would you service it? Someone told me every 4000 miles?

switchback

Post by switchback »

Troll alert....................?
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Showoffqashqaiguy, if you are indeed a genuine forum member and this is a genuine post, then may I suggest you use the 'search' facility at the top of the page to find your answers. This post was made over 12 months ago, almost word for word the same, so similar in fact it looks like youve copied and pasted the content.
Showoffqashqaiguy

Hi I really am a genuine member? Sorry I didn't know someone posted this twelve months ago it genuinely wasn't me. I'll have a search anyway and see. Was just unsure and thought to ask sorry!
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

You need to drive appropriately for the engine. doing 80/90 will drink petrol, but if you drive at 50/60 (65 I find a nice compromised between fuel saving and speed) will maximise fuel saving.

Each car will be different, but most use less fuel at lower speeds. The faster you go, the more air resistance there is to push through.

The miles left to empty will adjust as you drive, so if you have trashed it for the first half of the tank, it will assume you will be doing the same for the 2nd half, and thus guess how much is left. If you then change your driving style for the last half, then the miles left will also adjust to your new driving style and estimate how many miles is left, which is often more.
Showoffqashqaiguy

i see thanks splank makes sense..in terms of servicing should i service every 4k?
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Check your owners handbook, usually petrol 12k and diesel 18k miles.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

There should be a comprehensive service schedule on pages 17 and 18 of your warranty/maintenance record booklet, clearly describing the maintenance plan for your car, itemising the inspection and replacement of components in both intermediate and full maintenance, and stating when the services should be carried out.

service.jpg

If the pages are blank, take the booklet to your dealer and get them to paste in the appropriate details. I have a diesel and my service intervals are 12 months/18k miles, so I'm sure gvmdaddy is correct about it being 12k for the petrol version.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Doesn't service period depends primarily on the type of engine oil that is used ??

During break in of new cars, Singapore owners get to service their cars at 1k, 5k and 10 k km nust to ensure that all are fine and that metal debris from initial 1k km ise of new engine are flushed off promptly. Thereafter, it is every 5km for mineral oil or 10km for synthetic oil used.

Cheers.

Richard
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Richard, a bit of the original subject of petrol consumption, but I am of the same opinion as you and was in the Eng. Game al of my working life. IMHO however good the High Tech Machining / Cleaning techniques in engines are these days there is always the possibility of burrs or small steel edges breaking or floating around. We changed our Oil & Filter on our QQ after the first 800kms - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken