Flat battery, after 9 days away.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
BaggieBoy
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by BaggieBoy »

...but it was all my own fault. I installed a front/rear dash cam (with separate recording unit, so the cameras are replay small) and had it powered from the accessory power socket in the armrest. However I wanted to use the armrest socket for something else so used the front accessory power socket in instead. Now of course this one is permanently live and so 9 days of continuous filming killed the battery! It's now been put back to the original socket.

Also for some reason I thought the manual keyhole was located under the cover on the passenger side, which I couldn't seem to remove. So I waited 2 1/2 hours standing by the car for then RAC guy to then point out it was on the drivers side...in plain view! In my defence that side of the car was in darkness.

Once jump started car was fine, thought it was strange that the fuel economy data was lost though. Also noticed that for around 45 minutes of driving the fuel economy was very low (low 40's at best) but then went back to normal. I can only assume the load on the alternator trying to charge the battery initially had a impact.
Current: '24 reg e-Power Tekna in Magnetic Blue
Previous: '65 reg 1.5 dCi n-Tech (currently being used by my daughter) /// '08 reg 2.0 dCi Tekna 4WD (sadly deceased)

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

"... for some reason I thought the manual keyhole was located under the cover on the passenger side, which I couldn't seem to remove. So I waited 2 1/2 hours standing by the car for then RAC guy to then point out it was on the drivers side...in plain view!"

Best LOL of the day so far!

When my battery was replaced recently the computer data was wiped.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
QashLondon

Post by QashLondon »

I am I am a bit of a dimwit here, but can you please tell me how to install dash cams?
thanks so much
switchback

Post by switchback »

Stick it to the screen and plug it into a power outlet.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Or for a tidier fit, read this thread... viewtopic.php?f=29&t=981
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

switchback wrote:Stick it to the screen and plug it into a power outlet.
:lol: :roll:
RVW

Post by RVW »

Hound wrote:Or for a tidier fit, read this thread... viewtopic.php?f=29&t=981
Still does not say how to fit a rear camera and what route the cable takes?
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

RVW wrote:Still does not say how to fit a rear camera and what route the cable takes?
Did QashLondon ask either of those things?
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Charlie Miller

Post by Charlie Miller »

Re the power outputs; Am I correct in assuming that the power outlets in the armrest (including the Aux and USB) switch off when the car is 'switched off" and that the power outlet in the front is live at all times? I have been plugging my dash cam into the centre console and unplugging it. Trouble is I often forget to either plug it in or unplug it. In my previous car I just left it plugged in all the time. Am concerned that I too may end up with a flat battery.
2016 N-Connecta 1.6 dci Xtronic: Pano Roof/Rails: Heat Pack: Black Alloygators: Gun Metal.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Charlie Miller, you are correct.