MPG again and a genera rant!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

samovar wrote:I have had my pre-owned QQ 1.2 DIG-T manual for nearly 3 months now and being a bit of an anorak, I look at the MPG after each journey. I rarely get under 40MPG even for the most towny sort of journey, but two days ago I got 61MPG for a 24 mile journey I do regularly. I try to change gear as the on-board computer instructs (though sometimes it does not look ahead..) and for this journey I put on cruise control at 54mph to follow some big lorries on the AI and help my nervous dog. ... I wanted a biggish car that did 60MPG petrol but apart from hybrids the QQ was the best choice (comfort and ride came into my test drives of 5 different types of cars too). The QQ is quote at 50MPG in the auto magazines but in fact the QQ 1.2 can do more that that easily, if driven in a relaxed "King of the Road" style....
Not my experience at all!

I'd start instead by saying "I have had my pre-owned QQ 1.2 DIG-T manual for nearly 5 months now and being a bit of an anorak, I look at the MPG after each journey. I rarely get over 40MPG even for the most out-of-towny sort of journey...".

The average on my MPG spreadsheet is 34.5mpg - the most surprising result - 50.1mpg from Bristol Ikea to the outskirts of Gloucester. That's by driving pretty carefully most of the time.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Try using your speed limiter and you'll be surprised at your extra mpg gained.
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

Went out for a trip down the M4 today, 44miles with a few country roads to a farm shop. This was on the way back.

IMG_3333.jpg

J11 - QQ 1.6 130 Dci Automagic Tekna, Pearl white, Sept 2014 :D FULL LED upgrade to all interior/exterior lights, china crossover pack, mud-flaps, sill guards and hood deflector
rjjames

Post by rjjames »

Hi, I have the 1.2 Tekna petrol manual and I am unhappy to say the least about the mpg. On average I do around 28-30mpg most of my driving is motorway and long country roads. I have driven it carefully changing gear as the car says and I have driven it in high revs through the gears as told to by the sales guy at Nissan, it makes very little difference!! I'm sure there is a problem with the car as it should be much better than this surely!!!!!
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

The 1.5 DCi loves being driven sedately - it hates being driven above 60mph

This was on a 15 mile trip stuck behind slow traffic on A roads

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZgOxZz ... sp=sharing
rjjames

Post by rjjames »

I so wish I'd waited a couple of days and got the diesel! Thanks for the reply rod9669
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

yep diesel is the way forward for good mpg.

I find mine ok on the motorway , but better at 40mpg off the motorway.

anything over 65mph and thr consumption drops a lot , and the cold weather does not help as the diesel has a thermostat that opens at 83degrees.
I wonder how it would be with a thermostat that opened later to make the engine a little hotter. Then the coolant sensors would tell the engine ECU a different story , and maybe lean the fuel off a bit.
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

Does anyone know what happens on the Fuel Economy 2 average MPG readout once you exceed 99.9mpg? There's only space for two digits ahead of the decimal point. I was on the road the other day when I glanced down and saw an mpg figure in the mid nineties so thought I'd see how high I could coax it but sadly road/traffic conditions weren't in my favour and I only managed to get to 99.9......just wondered what happens beyond that!! :roll:
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

Bob d wrote:Does anyone know what happens on the Fuel Economy 2 average MPG readout once you exceed 99.9mpg? There's only space for two digits ahead of the decimal point. I was on the road the other day when I glanced down and saw an mpg figure in the mid nineties so thought I'd see how high I could coax it but sadly road/traffic conditions weren't in my favour and I only managed to get to 99.9......just wondered what happens beyond that!! :roll:

nothing Im afraid
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

Maybe the next step is a CHECK OIL LEVEL warning as the engine starts to feed on the lube oil :shock:
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red