New Tyre steering problem!!!!!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
hkphooey

Post by hkphooey »

catnash wrote:Great news, my suspicion was for a steering angle reset. My car after a week after this is straight.
Yes cheers bud....for all the help. Im sure it will be ok now, just a pain having to fight to get the right result in the end. My dealer give them credit persisted and i got the result although they had caught my driver side window gasket in the glass and nipped it up :roll: :roll: i got it out again but slightly marked but hey ho!!!
They also washed my car which i hate because i always notice scratches they have made which again i have this time :lol: :lol: :lol: im a bit of a detailing enthusiast and they are CLEARLY NOT!!!!!

PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

hkphooey wrote:
PJB729 wrote:"MUST have a wheel alignment + sensor reset every-time new tyres are needed"

I didn't know there was a sensor but then it sounds like neither did many of the dealers\tyre companies.

Glad you got it sorted hkphooey, going to be interesting to hear if the same procedure cures other peoples steering\alignment issues. :)
Well you get the feel its the electronic's i did , you can just feel it through the steering wheel the sensor is fighting with the feedback from the wheels....Yes bud you are right lets hope this sorts out peeps who have put up with this for a while.

Some people may not worry too much but it was horrendous for me and the rest of us on this thread. And im sure its nothing to do with my OCD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course you will need to check and recheck that its nothing to do with your OCD :lol:
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
hkphooey

Post by hkphooey »

Haha I have too
muscc088

Post by muscc088 »

This morning I had the steering angle sensor checked at the local dealer and to my surprise this gave a reading of -0.35 degrees.... which means that this is actually fine. Unfortunately the car is still sometimes drifting to the left.

At this point I am thinking that there must be a fault related to the ecu that is causing the car to drift. Anyone knows if this is possible? Can the ecu intervene to 'steer' the car?

Any input would be appreciated.
2014 QQ 1.5 dci Tekna in Storm White + crossover pack + front lip chrome finisher
balithbe

Post by balithbe »

I've been watching this post for a while as my car steering wheel was always from new slightly to the left while driving in a straight line,new tyres fitted on front one year ago steering still off to left.
Had new tyres fitted to rear yesterday now steering wheel is dead central when driving in straight line.
How does that worK?

2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.5dci in Storm White,my 3rd Qashqai
Collabro
2007 1.5dci Visia Faded Denim
2011 1.5dci Ntec Magnetic Red
2015 1.5dci Tekna Storm White
2018 1.5dci Tekna+ Vivid Blue
hkphooey

Post by hkphooey »

balithbe wrote:I've been watching this post for a while as my car steering wheel was always from new slightly to the left while driving in a straight line,new tyres fitted on front one year ago steering still off to left.
Had new tyres fitted to rear yesterday now steering wheel is dead central when driving in straight line.
How does that worK?

I am still following things just don't add up...What seems to be the solution for most ends up not working for many!!! Also J10's and J11's seem to have slightly different issues
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

balithbe wrote:I've been watching this post for a while as my car steering wheel was always from new slightly to the left while driving in a straight line,new tyres fitted on front one year ago steering still off to left.
How does that worK?

Raising the rear axle ride height could alter the front end balance of the car and its steering geometry. A change of rear wheels would be at most no more than a centimetre, so would that be enough to change the balance, I dont know. Couple that with running on front tyres that are almost worn to their limit and the effect could be more noticeable.
Tion
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Tion »

I’ve just bought a 66 plate Qashqai and suffering from the car drifting to the right when steering wheel straight.
Car also pulls to the right on heavy acceleration.

Took it back to dealer and they say nothing is wrong and it’s normal. I’ve drove other Qashqais and this is definitely not normal.

Need your help please
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

Tion wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:14 pm I’ve just bought a 66 plate Qashqai and suffering from the car drifting to the right when steering wheel straight.

Took it back to dealer and they say nothing is wrong and it’s normal. I’ve drove other Qashqais and this is definitely not normal.

Need your help please
have you had the tracking checked, and tyre pressures are ok ??
Tion

Post by Tion »

andy2019 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:56 pm
Tion wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:14 pm I’ve just bought a 66 plate Qashqai and suffering from the car drifting to the right when steering wheel straight.

Need your help please
have you had the tracking checked, and tyre pressures are ok ??

Yes took it back to Bristol Street Motors dealer I bought it from. It is a Vauxhall dealer and they got this car delivered in from Nissan Halifax for me.

Had it in BS Motors Thursday and they changed tyre pressures to slightly higher than recommended. Apparently checked tracking and took it for a drive and said no issues and it’s normal.

The technician said it pulls slightly under acceleration because it’s a diesel and the amount of torque.
I know that’s not true at all because 95% of my cars have been diesels and this has never happened.

Something is making me suspicious there’s definitely something wrong as 3 tyres are Dunlop and 1 front passenger side is continental. Alloys are perfect with not one mark.