steering squeak when its cold

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just to give you all an idea of what the change part that was mentioned looks like - see attached Dave ;)

What I found was what appeared to be the OLD No. #54034-4EA0A but at least it gives you an idea of the part. The range of numbers relates to Renault / Nissan Engines on the cars which the part is used on. I hope this helps !

img131.jpg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Summerjunk

Post by Summerjunk »

Apparently there is now a service bulletin from nissan uk for this which is a replacement of the parts mentioned above. Had mine replaced and the noise has gone.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Summerjunk, that is good news for all suffers and nice to hear the part was correct and the noise has gone. I look forward now to our Guarantee correction - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
fidelio

Post by fidelio »

Can someone describe how does that squeak sound like?
Summerjunk

Post by Summerjunk »

There's a video on YouTube from a member on here that shows the noise spot on. Type the below into YouTube.

Qashqai 2104 - noisy steering
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just got back from our Nissan Dealer and had the New Seat-Rubber Front Spring Parts #54034-4AE1A installed in as mentioned before 2 hours working time. Noise has gone and the Service Guy mentioned that the part was a modified version with a steel ring added at the top, but unfortunately I did not get to see the part. So that is it another minor problem corrected under Guarantee - Dave :)
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

DaveBerlin wrote:Just got back from our Nissan Dealer and had the New Seat-Rubber Front Spring Parts #54034-4AE1A installed in as mentioned before 2 hours working time. Noise has gone and the Service Guy mentioned that the part was a modified version with a steel ring added at the top, but unfortunately I did not get to see the part. So that is it another minor problem corrected under Guarantee - Dave :)
Thats great news. Just had confirmation that mine is also booked in for the end of March.

Hopefully this will be that last of the problems and thus visits to the Dealer !
applegarth

Post by applegarth »

Hi All

I had this twice, first time they lubricated something, the second they replaced the rubber seal as described above with a new one and that fixed it. This isn't to be confused with the squeeking suspension at the front that has had two new sets of bushes or the squeeking steering that came from the suspension tops that were also replaced - I'm getting a new car on Friday yet my 2 yr old Qashqai is about 40% new from all the bits they've replaced - the bushing and so on seems to be a particular problem

S
QQ 1.5 dci in Ink Blue
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Lanstrom wrote:
DaveBerlin wrote:Just got back from our Nissan Dealer and had the New Seat-Rubber Front Spring Parts #54034-4AE1A installed in as mentioned before 2 hours working time. Noise has gone and the Service Guy mentioned that the part was a modified version with a steel ring added at the top, but unfortunately I did not get to see the part. So that is it another minor problem corrected under Guarantee - Dave :)
Thats great news. Just had confirmation that mine is also booked in for the end of March.

Hopefully this will be that last of the problems and thus visits to the Dealer !
Well after waiting 5-6 weeks I finally got to take it to the garage for its appointment. A couple of hours later I get a call of the garage saying that they cant replicate/find the fault and the bulletin issued by Nissan doesn't apply to my vehicle (apparently the VIN number is not in the affected range) so there is nothing they can do about it without Nissan CS giving them the go ahead.

Waste of time that was !
Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

I took our QQ into the dealer yesterday as the squeaking came back. Typically by the time I arrived, there was no noise at all. Showed them one of the youtube videos and the Technician told the service guy to order replacement strut top mounts and that will cure it. Just awaiting a call so I can book it in.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue as the car is out of warranty in 6 months.....