steering squeak when its cold

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Jon Qash 592

Post by Jon Qash 592 »

Monkeywba,if you are asking me, sorry that's all the info posted by " Charles". I suggest you PM him maybe he can help. Any info re part numbers would be greatly appreciated by members.
Tekna 1.6 Dig-T Magnetic Red. Chrome and Utility packs.

duncho

Post by duncho »

Part #54034-4ЕА1А
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

I've already told the dealer about that part number but was told it didn't exist??? Nor was it a modified part or new part?!?!
duncho

Post by duncho »

C'mon :) They should know what to do and how to/ where to search for the information.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Strangely mine has not done this in the recent cold spell, but it did do it once several weeks back when it wasn't all that cold, then went away. Much like the solitary occasion of my sensors beeping in the wet.

Perhaps my car feels left out with all these problems everyone else reports, and tries them out now and then so I'm not lulled into a sense of security.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Just been given a 65 reg with 3700 miles on the clock and its amazing how much quieter it is than mine and its exactly the same spec (Tekna) etc. Mine is a 14 reg with 16500 miles on it and everything seems a bit squeaky or looser.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I promised on another Post to visit our Dealer here and ask about "The Squeak". I mentioned to the Service / Guarantee Guy today that we had a Steering Squeak his answer was "OK we will instal 2x new Seat-Rubber, Front Spring Parts". When asked why he mentioned there is a modified part available, which when speaking to the Store Guy I ended up with in my greasy mits. As mentioned by both Jet and Duncho the Nissan Part No. is 54034-4AE1A so it seems to me this is a modified part as I have found a similiar perhaps older No. 54034-4AE0A on other Nissans.
So once again for me no haggles just a new appointment in Feb to instal these parts with a time of two hours mentioned. I hope this is now the End of at least ours and hopefully your "Squeaks" - Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

DaveBerlin wrote:I promised on another Post to visit our Dealer here and ask about "The Squeak". I mentioned to the Service / Guarantee Guy today that we had a Steering Squeak his answer was "OK we will instal 2x new Seat-Rubber, Front Spring Parts". When asked why he mentioned there is a modified part available, which when speaking to the Store Guy I ended up with in my greasy mits. As mentioned by both Jet and Duncho the Nissan Part No. is 54034-4AE1A so it seems to me this is a modified part as I have found a similiar perhaps older No. 54034-4AE0A on other Nissans.
So once again for me no haggles just a new appointment in Feb to instal these parts with a time of two hours mentioned. I hope this is now the End of at least ours and hopefully your "Squeaks" - Dave :D
Thanks for that update. I might well get mine booked in too :)
Rustical

Post by Rustical »

Well are squeak came back and the car went back to Nissan dealer, There was no-one there that could help except a salesman who I quote, told the Missus "there moving parts there supposed to make a noise". He was soon put in place as another salesman came out and told him to book it in next week ! LOL, It got the grease treatment ,, it was good for a week and now back again.

Will be telling them what to replace now. :oops:

1.5 dci Accenta premium, Pearlescent black ,chrome pack , wheel upgrade.
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

We have extreme temperature conditions in Finland. Last week when the temp went below -15C the upper steering wheel bearing started to make some weird sounds. I think the grease inside it froze.
We beg for trouble, we get trouble.